fbpx

Orientals and USPS dont mix, another destroyed Windstone(and a bonus damaged OW)

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Orientals and USPS dont mix, another destroyed Windstone(and a bonus damaged OW)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Wampus Dragon
    Participant

This one is even more messed up that the other oriental I posted. Fate does NOT want me to have emerald orientals it seems! This was from a seller on ebay, who again, despite my request, did NOT double box. This is the result. Seller says they accept returns, so Im returning the shrapnel and getting my money back. This is ridiculous!

To top it off, the same thing happened with the peacock OW I was getting for Hannah for a trade:

I didnt even unwrap him from the plastic. His foot is shattered.

I am SO angry right now.

Heather
      Participant

Oh my, I’m really sorry that happened to you. I would love to own an oriental dragon one day myself, but now I don’t want to get one on ebay…

Misty
        Participant

Gah! The horror :((

Kelly
          Participant

That’s terrible!

Pam

Should I make a windstones broken in shipping gallery? 😀

Seriously though, next time you buy an oriental send the seller pics of both your broken ones. Maybe that will have a big enough impression to make them pack it well. Tell them to pack it so well that the box could be tossed down a mountain slope without breaking anything.

Carolyn
              Participant

So sad to see that . People can be such fools . I always pack things well . You just wonder if they have ever sent anything before .

Bodine
                Participant

awww,that’s a crying shame. :((

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

Should I make a windstones broken in shipping gallery? 😀

Seriously though, next time you buy an oriental send the seller pics of both your broken ones. Maybe that will have a big enough impression to make them pack it well. Tell them to pack it so well that the box could be tossed down a mountain slope without breaking anything.

“The Horrors of Windstone” gallery… showing all the shipping mishaps, faces-eaten-by-cats, pieces put outdoors that shouldn’t be, and so on….

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

littleironhorse
                    Participant

That’s just awful! 🙁

Knock on wood, I’ve never received a broken piece, and up ’till last week, I had never sent a piece that broke in transit.

But to open a box you’ve been eagerly waiting for and look at this has to be heartbreaking!

Danzig Moon (Karen)
                      Participant

I received 2 males that are badly damaged. Both are on their way to Hannah. Both being from EBAY and I asked the sellers to pack them very well. Could we PLEASE have some thing to send these sellers on how to wrap them correctly. I guess these people that sell WINDSTONES off EBAY think they are mass produced and that is not the case.
                        I won my first oriantal this week. I hope it is wrapped well.

*** Always looking for Brindles..*** AWD Pieces **** Lavender Coiled Mother with Globe**** if you have one you would like to sell or trade please contact me ?

Hannah
                        Participant

Ugh. Wampus, I’ve already seen the OW pictures and that was bad enough but that oriental seriously breaks my heart, especially since I JUST got my first one in the mail this week and I have a newfound appreciation for them.. SO great, how the shipper bubble wrapped just the HORNS. OMFG.

We seriously should have a broken Windstones gallery, that blazes at the top “THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DON’T DOUBLE BOX A WINDSTONE” so we can send these shippers to that page BEFORE they make a horrible mistake.

Heck, I’ll host one on my website if you guys want.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                          Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Nina
                          Participant

/cry 🙁 RIP Oriental dragon. SO sad, why can’t people double box…. and did they shrink wrap the OW?

WolfenMachine
                            Participant

Aww, Wampus, that breaks my heart! I looove the sun dragons and they are a piece that deserves to remain perfect. And very sad too that a windstone you got for someone else had to be destroyed 🙁

I always send sellers the ebay packing tutorial if Im concerned they dont know how to pack a windstone

Lupuslunae
                              Participant

I always send sellers the ebay packing tutorial if Im concerned they dont know how to pack a windstone

Ditto. It doesn’t always work though, espcially for a BIN item that’s a screaming deal and you’re worrying someone else will snatch it up. I’ve had two pieces damaged in shipping from ebay sellers, nothing major but enough to piss me off and make me paranoid. If I’m even thinking of bidding, I ask them if they have the original box, will they double box the item, and have they ever packaged and shipped Windstones before. When they message me back, usually ignorantly saying how they will use lots of bubble wrap and tissue etc, I link the ebay Windstone packaging tutorial to them. Many seem grateful for the information.

windstonefan
                                Participant

WOW what a mess. I would be just sick about this. Had this happen to me many times. Theses seller usually just blow you off on the packaging. But some really nice ones do listen. An I send them here for a packaging lesson. Try that sometimes it works. An I absolutly hate USPS as asoon as they mention them and it is a heavy piece I will offer to pay the differance if any to get it shipped UPS or my personal favorite Fed Ex.

windstonefan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.