fbpx

Oriental anything….?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Oriental anything….?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    frozendragon
    Participant

vantid wrote:

I love most oriental mythological critters, from foo dogs to kirins to kitsunes from tanukis, and on. I would love a windstone foo dog, but I also know that it probably wouldn’t be a big seller and Melody could invest her time in something that would sell to a wider auience…like RAVENS. : D : D : D : D

silly…

I’d buy one….maybe a limited edition kind of think…

Bob

I have to agree I would not really see them selling very well. Don’t know why they just do not yell sell

Dragon Master wrote:

I have always thought they looked like a cross between a dragon, dog and lion. Any other thoughts on this subject??

I haven’t read thru the hole thread so if anyone already said this than sorry. They are honestly dogs. They were thought extinct for a few years. But there are a few breeders bringing back the breed. I think there is one breeder in the states. They only breed the standard size. I was trying for years to find a toy or a smaller one than standard. They look like Chows in the standard size. They are beautiful though.

Oh once I saw a foo I wanted to buy. Really couldn’t afford it though. It was made of white jade. Oh so very beautiful. And so very expensive. πŸ˜₯

Yeah, they probably wouldn’t sell well enough to be a production…hmmmm, maybe I will just go get some clay and try to make my own set…been a few years since I got down and dirty with some sculpting mediums. Hell, I took 6 yrs of art in my senior year at highschool! If I can make a 3 ft 57 Chevy out of plaster of paris and cardboard then I should certainly be able to make a couple 2 ft Foos!! πŸ˜†

Bob

WindstoneCollector wrote:

Yeah, they probably wouldn’t sell well enough to be a production…hmmmm, maybe I will just go get some clay and try to make my own set…been a few years since I got down and dirty with some sculpting mediums. Hell, I took 6 yrs of art in my senior year at highschool! If I can make a 3 ft 57 Chevy out of plaster of paris and cardboard then I should certainly be able to make a couple 2 ft Foos!! πŸ˜†

You sound very talented

Here is a pair of Foos I was looking at on ebay…
          http://cgi.ebay.com/Old-Chinese-Door-Fu-Lions-Bronze-Gilt-Foo-Dogs-Pair_W0QQitemZ280059868125QQihZ018QQcategoryZ37931QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
          Yeah, but for some reason, I just can’t seem to cover the things Melody does…Besides my hands shake so badly now, I can hardly hold them still good enough to use my pastels and colored pencils. I am so scared of messing up on my PYO griffins, I am having a hard time sitting down to do them. πŸ™

Hence the Foo’s having to be 2 ft tall!!! 😯 And that is alot of clay. πŸ˜›

Maria
          Participant

Those things are huge. Shipping would be horrendous. It’s a much better idea to try to make your own.

Yeah I suppose…But while I was moving most of my mother’s whole house lastnight (and that took over 6 hrs), I got to thinking, maybe if I am PATIENT FOR ONCE in my life I will find a set that I want a little closer. The shipping is $315 for that particular set of Foo’s I saw on ebay…If I knew that they would get here in one peice, I would be willing to pay that much. But I can always ask the little oriental guy in the mall if there is a chance he could get me a set for that much that I can see before I buy…IN PERSON. HA HA
            *Devious mind at work…*BEWARE!!!** πŸ˜†

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.