fbpx

Oooooooh…..

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Oooooooh…..

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Jasmine
    Participant

I WANTS!! I love your clutter!! 😀

purpledragonclaw
      Participant

Kitsune that is your clutter?? I had no idea you had that many!!

kitsunelady
        Participant

Haha yeah. @.@; That’s the most current picture. I had just bought two off Laurie, so…now I have 20, I think. I’m running out of room on that table. XD I guess I could start an inner ‘ring’… >.>; :spank:

LadyFirebird
          Participant

The only thing missing in your Poad picture is something in the center like a pizza or a large dish of cookies or chocolate! Love Poads and you have a lovely collection! :yes:

siberakh1
            Participant

Really impressive Poad collection! It is quite lovely! 🙂

wow… I was just thinking, that is over $3000 worth of Poads sitting on that table! 😮

kitsunelady
              Participant

siberakh1 wrote:

Really impressive Poad™ collection! It is quite lovely! 🙂

wow… I was just thinking, that is over $3000 worth of Poad™s sitting on that table! 😮

Scary, huh. o.o; Sometimes I disturb myself.

Glad you guys like it, though. 😀

twindragonsmum
                Participant

kitsunelady wrote:

Kitsune do you mind if i save the image of your clutter?

twindragonsmum 8)

tdm

kitsunelady
                  Participant

Of course not. 😀 Do whatever you want with it~

LadyFirebird
                    Participant

Since this was about bidding….have you noticed lately that you no longer see who’s bidding on a particular item anymore on ebay? Just noticed this–used to be that you could see this without being logged in–see a letter and a number but that’s it but now you see nothing! I think that’s a good idea! Someone was very upset that she felt another person was bidding her up because she saw her ID–you can figure who’s who after a while. But now that’s not possible because all it says is something to the effect of ‘private bidder’. When you’re logged on, the only ID you see is your own if you bid on that item–the seller sees all bidders.

I guess eBay has been getting some complaints from individuals that certain people have been following them around and bidding up the pieces they were bidding on. Guess it could amount to harrassment. Personally, I think this is a good idea since someone could get pretty hot over someone outbidding them!

I don’t know, maybe this should be on it’s own thread, but it is about bidding!

kitsunelady
                      Participant

The ‘private bidder’ thing is only true for some bidders – I think you have to set it that way. I think the seller can also choose to do the auction ‘privately’, although I don’t know how to do either, myself. All you need to do on regular auctions is click ‘# bids’ and it will show you the list of “encoded” bidder IDs and what’s been bid.

While I see ebay’s point, I personally like to know who I’m bidding against. It tells me whether I ought to sit on an auction until the last second (actually, I do that anyways, because I snipe), how much they usually spend (and thereby, whether or not I have a chance), etc. It’s a positive thing for the sellers, of course, but not a completely positive thing for buyers – unless they’re worried about identity theft, spam, or some sort of retaliation from a sore loser. The first two can be avoided, and the third…well, if someone gets that hot under the collar, let them sink their own ship by bidding on things they don’t really want. I can see how it would annoy someone to not win just because another person is out to get you, but as for just having to pay more than you would like because of it…well, you bid what you can afford/want to pay, and that’s that. If you bid early and high, and someone else jacks up the price and you don’t like what you end up having to pay because of it…that’s partially your own fault for bidding more than you really want to pay, and early enough that the ‘stalker’ can find you and bid against you. Common sense, people. That’s what sniping is for – hate on it all you want, but it does have it’s uses.

If someone was worried about someone else bidding against her out of spite, obviously she ought to report that person to ebay…although I doubt it would do any good, since I don’t see how there could be a rule against it – how would they know if this person was REALLY just bidding b/c they were angry for this or that reason? They aren’t mind readers, and there’d be no way to prove such a thing. I doubt they’d turn down a larger fee just because it was caused by a spiteful bidder, either. Everything they do and every rule they make revolves around money. Also, if someone went so far as to do that, they’d be putting their own pocketbook at risk by taking a chance bidding on something they may not really want and actually winning.

the thing about the Windstone auctions, is that it is easy to figure out who the bidders are, based on the fact that Ebay keeps the “scrambled user id’s” consistant always, one sees some scrambled user id’s more often than others, AND by the FB number, when somebody’s FB number changes, it is changed globally on the site, so all one has to do is look at the Windstone FB site, find that FB number, and they know who they are bidding against. A little more detective work, and you may be able to figure out bidding habits. I have sent complaints to Ebay about this. Not because I have been harmed by it, but if I can figure out all that, so can others. There system is not a perfect system, especially when it comes to collectibles, where the bidding is Extremely Competitive, and the same people reappear all the time.

kitsunelady
                        Participant

I can only assume the reason ebay has not made it completely impossible to figure out who the bidders are on things is that some people are against it. Ebay being made to do that would be the same as Sotheby’s, police auctions, and barn auctions having to ask all the people coming in to put on masks or sit in separate booths so know one knows who else is there. The chances of that happening? Exactly none. It’s an *auction* site. This is the way auctions have always been. Knowing your opponents, guessing what they might bid, all of that – it’s just part of the ‘game’. If people don’t like it…as a seller, they can figure out some other way to sell their items, or as a buyer, they can figure out some other way to get what they want.

Who knows, though – the internet is still fairly ‘new’ as things go, and it has opened up a whole new can of worms, trouble-wise, like hackers, identity theft, blah blah blah – maybe ebay will eventually change it to complete ‘privacy’. I won’t complain if they do, because it isn’t my business to run, and I don’t use it enough to get bent out of shape about policy changes. *shrugs* o.o; Two tears in the bucket, you know?

I know, but if they are going to “bother” with trying to scramble user id’s, then they should make it truly anonymous, otherwise, why bother?

kitsunelady
                          Participant

49ER wrote:

I know, but if they are going to “bother” with trying to scramble user id’s, then they should make it truly anonymous, otherwise, why bother?

To try and at least slightly appease the people who want it anonymous, I guess? I’m betting those of us who do put in the (however slight) effort to figure out who they’re bidding against are a very small portion of the number of people using ebay. And considering the amount and variety of crap that’s bought and sold on there, high-priced collectibles that have determined collectors after them are probably not really a big percent of the listings. Ebay probably just figures it’s not worth the trouble.

Oh yeah I agree with you there, but I did point out that if they just scrambled the user id’s but only showed FB number to the seller’s, it would make it harder for the competing bidders to know who they are bidding against. For example, I do know your scrambled user id, Kitsune, because of poad auctions, but you are not the only one that has that scrambled id, so only the FB number separates the 2 of you. However, since you’re a sniper, I don’t see you coming until you’ve broken my heart at the last second, LOL! XD :spank:

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 85 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.