fbpx

OOAK The Last Unicorn Sculpture on eBay

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion OOAK The Last Unicorn Sculpture on eBay

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Bob

purpledoggy wrote:

How is it perverted? I watched that movie a zillion times when I was a kid and it never damaged me. You want to see something bad look for a picture of the harpy that attacked them when they escaped from the traveling circus. Now SHE needed a bra πŸ˜†

Edit: I was just viewing the auction and my husband looked over my shoulder and this is what he said….”Is that a penis?”
      OK and it looks like it’s going into what?? Now you know what I’m talking about. He say the same thing I did

Bob

purplecat wrote:

Since I had seen the movie…all I saw was the tree with the wizard..It’s a great movie. I kept looking at it trying to find something dirty about it. πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

with the comments above did you??

Jennifer
        Keymaster

Hah!! No, the magician fumbles a spell and makes the tree come to life as a female. She hugs him into her (huge) bosom and says that she loves him. Love,love,love,love,love. πŸ˜†

As a child I thought it was funny. I have aunties with big bosoms too and I felt like this when they’d hug me!! πŸ˜†

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

lamortefille
          Participant

When I saw that picture, I honestly couldn’t figure out what I was looking at! I guess if you’ve seen the movie, it’s a whole different perception. πŸ˜†

Pegasi1978
            Participant

Well I just heard back from Connor Cochran (Peter S. Beagle’s agent and here’s what he had to say:

Quote:

I really appreciate you letting me know about this.

Peter’s position on fan art (and the selling of same) is that it is fine by him, so long as we’re talking about individual pieces like this. Once multiple copies are being made, of course, that crosses the line into actual commercial enterprise and copyright infringement. Though of course in the case of anything based on the movie, it isn’t Peter’s copyright being violated, because he doesn’t own the film.

I went ahead and contacted the artist, because the work is actually pretty good. If it doesn’t sell in auction, we may be interested in buying it for Peter’s archives; and if we ever do get the rights back, as we are trying to, it doesn’t hurt to know where to find talented sculptors who love THE LAST UNICORN. Maybe someday this (or things like it) will be available commercially after all!

Connor

p.s. Thanks again, and I really do mean that. I can’t possibly keep my eyes on everything that is happening out there, and I rely on fans like you to send me these tips when you spot a reason to do so.

Jennifer
              Keymaster

Great! Good news for them and good news for the artist. I do hope Peter can get the rights back from the film.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

Pegasi1978
                Participant

Yep. I plan on watching the artist now to see what their other sculptures look like. Hopefully they won’t stop making them if it doesn’t sell. They really did a wonderful job, but I think they could have found a better scene from the movie to start their “Inspired By” line with.

BDW
                  Participant

purpledoggy wrote:

Edit: I was just viewing the auction and my husband looked over my shoulder and this is what he said….”Is that a penis?”
                    Well I agree it almost looks like one or a bum. πŸ˜†

I honestly did not think that it was perverted. The tree is the result of a botched spell that Schmendrik uses. I believe it might have been the writer’s attempt at bringing humor in lieu of a darker situation. The detail of that structure is very good.

Purplecat
                    Participant

It is a really good depiction of the scene in the movie. I’m glad it all worked out ok. πŸ˜€

Skigod377
                      Participant

No offense guys but that is a dong, plain and simple. The artist has a perverted sense of humor.

Lokie wrote:

When I first saw the image posted, I was like 😯 Without a description, the tree can be mistaken for a male appendage 😳 But after reading the auction and seeing what the tree really is, I’m relieved and a bit embarrassed 😳

Anyways, I’d almost expect the starting price to be higher with all the detail and it being OOAK. Is there a big fan base for this movie (I’ve never seen it)?

You’ve never seen it! Sacrilege! I have a signed by Peter Beagle copy of the DVD! And the soundtrack, the soundtrack is hard to get, the title is in German, Ski could get it! Weird part, the group America is who sang the songs, but you can’t get the soundtrack here.

Kyrin

Skigod377
                        Participant

Mos def. I am in Germany!

lamortefille
                          Participant

skigod377 wrote:

No offense guys but that is a dong, plain and simple. The artist has a perverted sense of humor.

πŸ˜†

Starbreeze
                            Participant

I’m afraid when I looked at it I had the same thought as Ski!!! 😳

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.