fbpx

One Fell Off The Woo-Woo Wagon

Home Forums Miscellany Community One Fell Off The Woo-Woo Wagon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    LadyFirebird
    Participant

Now you know how to identify a woo-woooooo! :bigsmile:

This has been a crazy, crazy semester for me with its usual ups and downs. The frustrations of taking 6 classes and trying to keep on top of things. The lab classes are interesting but there are so many skills I need to write off on. Our instructor wants us to do a certain number of skills a certain number of times. It can get crazy having 30 students running around the classroom doing this and that–looks like a woo-wooooo clinic! J)

I’m getting there and have finally did my first successful blood draw–I was able to do a single but my instructor is only counting double draws–we have to get blood in 2 vaccum tubes–I finally did 2 last Thursday and she said they were very smooth. I also did a successful draw with a butterfly–kinda reminds me of attaching an IV with a syringe–usually used with people whose veins are hard to get and those with very narrow veins–a vaccum tube would collaspe them. It’s all a hand-coordination thing and I think I’m getting it.

Some of these skills had me worried because I wondered if this old lady could get the hang of it–so far so good. I’m just finishing up on the EKG portion of a class and am starting the ortho-tech portion. Have my cast shears and bandage cutter on order. Lots and lots of work!

My goal is to be gainfully employed by the end of the year–that would be so nice–to stop my own financial bleeding! When I get back on my financial feet, the artists that I would love to commission and the artwork I’ve had my eyes on for a while. It would also be nice to be able to go out and eat every now and then.

Wish me lots of luck–I’ll need it! Thanks for reading!!!! Your support means so much to me! ๐Ÿ™‚

Rachel
      Participant

Congrats! It sounds like things are clicking for you.

I wish you so much good luck in your endeavour and I am happy that you got the blood drawing accomplished. I know we don’t know one another but I can pass along well wishes to you anyways! ๐Ÿ™‚ I can sympatize with the struggles as my sister is taking her nursing right now too and she is also working hard and doing a lot of hoping she will make it through!

GOOD LUCK and you WILL SUCCEED!!!! I think you need to give more credit to yourself and know that the “old lady could get the hang of it” is actually “WILL get the hang of it!!!” ๐Ÿ™‚

Keep practicing. In six months you will be able to do all these things with your eyes closed. By the way you are never to old to learn! Congrats.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.