fbpx

OMG__Alton Brown!

Home Forums Miscellany Community OMG__Alton Brown!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Purplecat
    Participant

Purplecat
      Participant

Alton Brown is going to be at my favorite boookstore this friday for a book signing!

I totally had a moment of OMG HAPPY! I’m definately getting my Good Eats book signed!

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

I’m so excited to meet someone whose work I’ve admired on tv, not often that sort of thing happens!

KoishiiKitty
        Participant

OOOOOooooooooooo! O_O

siberakh1
          Participant

OMG! I love Alton Brown! πŸ˜€ Sweet! Get there early just in case they have a long line! πŸ™‚

Jennifer
            Keymaster

How fun!! I love Alton Brown for his knowledge. He can be a bit of a jerk in person though, hahah. XD

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Purplecat
              Participant

????

you have met him? and he was a jerk?

everything I’ve read says he’s a pretty genial person, and I’m still looking forward to finding out for myself.

Lokie
                Participant

How fun πŸ™‚ I love Alton’s Carrot Cake recipe. I made it last Thanksgiving :yum: And I love his chocolate chip cookie recipes. Before the Three Chips for Sister episode, I didn’t know when to use shortening over butter and baking soda over baking powder. He’s changed my baking for the better πŸ˜€

Purplecat
                  Participant

learning how ingredients work together in different recipes has been a big help in allowing more creativity in my cooking. I’m a hopeless experimenter in the kitchen. πŸ˜€

machineguts
                    Participant

purplecat wrote:

learning how ingredients work together in different recipes has been a big help in allowing more creativity in my cooking. I’m a hopeless experimenter in the kitchen. πŸ˜€

You and me both! I looove to cook. :yum:

Purplecat
                      Participant

http://purplecatsblog.blogspot.com/2010/10/meeting-alton-brown.html

above link is journal entry, with pics, of meeting Alton Brown! (too lazy to deal with photobucket this morn…. 😳 ) It was great, even if there was alot of waiting, he took time to talk to everyone, and promised to stay until everyone had a chance to say hello and get whatever books they wanted signed.

In case the above link is snarky, the following is just a basic link to my blog.

http://purplecatsblog.blogspot.com/

Kujacker
                        Participant

I love Alton πŸ˜€ I am curious about what Jennifer is talking about, though…?

Purplecat
                          Participant

yeah..me too. He has a bit of sarcasm to his manner and comedy, but overall was a nice guy. I know some people take sarcasm badly, and that can translate into “jerk” but other than that I’m unsure.

twindragonsmum
                            Participant

Lucky, lucky, you! I adore Alton Brown! So do me boyohs, my hubs and the dog πŸ˜†

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Jennifer
                              Keymaster

I’ve seen him react poorly to silliness, which is sad because I thought he’d be open to it based on his show and how silly it is sometimes. I’ve seen once where someone asked him a silly question (not offensive) and he really tore the fan a new one! Maybe those are just his bad days.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                                My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.