fbpx

Olimpia's Bronze Sun Dragon

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Olimpia's Bronze Sun Dragon

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 185 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Just saw the photos of the silver dragons… the red is hideous! Yuck! The straw would only work if the dragons have gold accents. I hope that they go with blue, grey or silver. The red eyes look terrible to me. ;_;

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

littleironhorse
      Participant

Nambroth wrote:

Just saw the photos of the silver dragons… the red is hideous! Yuck! The straw would only work if the dragons have gold accents. I hope that they go with blue, grey or silver. The red eyes look terrible to me. ;_;

Really? I admit I would not have picked red but seeing that picture, I didn’t hate it. In fact, with the darker shading and the black “eyeliner” I found them quite striking.

However, my first choice is still and by far grey.

Jennifer
        Keymaster

I’m weird about colors because I have synesthesia- the color combo of the red and silver is almost painful to me, in a real way. I’m very strange!

I meant to say that I hope they pick grey, blue or lavender. I’d enjoy any of those three.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

littleironhorse
          Participant

Nambroth wrote:

I’m weird about colors because I have synesthesia– the color combo of the red and silver is almost painful to me, in a real way. I’m very strange!

I meant to say that I hope they pick grey, blue or lavender. I’d enjoy any of those three.

I had to looked that up… I learned something new!

I guess that must make your chosen career particularly interesting and challenging.

Bob

well if you looked it up what does it mean. I’m at work and do not have the time to try and find it

Starbreeze
              Participant

I learned something new too. It will be interesting to see what eye color Melody settles on. ๐Ÿ™‚

Jennifer
                Keymaster

littleironhorse wrote:

Nambroth wrote:

I’m weird about colors because I have synesthesia– the color combo of the red and silver is almost painful to me, in a real way. I’m very strange!

I had to looked that up… I learned something new!

I guess that must make your chosen career particularly interesting and challenging.

It’s enough that it’s very disturbing to me- so much that I can’t look at the silver dragon with red eyes for long. It freaks me out and I feel very uneasy and disturbed with it. I don’t feel any physical sensation at this point in life though. ๐Ÿ˜‰

It has made my art even more innate, honestly. I just can’t paint certain colors with each other in most situations. I really enjoy come colors in particular and I think that shows in my work! I tend to feel most pleased with colors that are slightly ‘off’ from a true hue.

I think we talked about this before. Melody and Chessie have forms of this too!! It seems to effect each individual a little differently.

Jasmine
                  Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

well if you looked it up what does it mean. I’m at work and do not have the time to try and find it

What colours are painful to you Nam? Can you paint with all colours but not certain combinations? Am I getting that right?

Here DM, from Google:

Guitar music doesn’t just tickle Carol Crane’s fancy–it also brushes softly against her ankles. When she hears violins, she also feels them on her face. Trumpets make themselves known on the back of her neck. In addition to feeling the sounds of musical instruments on her body, Crane sees letters and numbers in brilliant hues. And for her, units of time each have their own shape: She sees the months of the year as the cars on a ferris wheel, with July at the top, December at the bottom.

Sean Day, PhD, tastes in technicolor. “The taste of beef, such as a steak, produces a rich blue,” says Day, a linguistics professor at National Central University in Taiwan. “Mango sherbet appears as a wall of lime green with thin wavy strips of cherry red. Steamed gingered squid produces a large glob of bright orange foam, about four feet away, directly in front of me.”

Crane and Day share an extraordinary sensory condition called synesthesia.

The phenomenon–its name derives from the Greek, meaning “to perceive together”–comes in many varieties. Some synesthetes hear, smell, taste or feel pain in color. Others taste shapes, and still others perceive written digits, letters and words in color. Some, who possess what researchers call “conceptual synesthesia,” see abstract concepts, such as units of time or mathematical operations, as shapes projected either internally or in the space around them. And many synesthetes experience more than one form of the condition.

The condition is not well known, in part because many synesthetes fear ridicule for their unusual ability. Often, people with synesthesia describe having been driven to silence after being derided in childhood for describing sensory connections that they had not realized were atypical.

Bob

WOW
                      I had NEVER heard of this and I’m sure many here have not
                      Thanks

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

The form that I experience is not that of a physical sensation (i.e. some people that ‘taste’ ‘feel’ ‘smell’ or ‘hear’ colors, etc). Some color combos are displeasing enough to me that I am disturbed by them, I can’t explain. Most things are in context. The red eyes in the silver dragons is very disturbing to me and makes me uneasy, but a silver car with red brake lights doesn’t bother me.

More than anything, everything ‘has’ a color to me. Letters, numbers, tastes, etc. The letter O is a dark inky indigo blue that sometimes shifts to pure black. The number 9 is almost always purple. 9 is also female and very mean to number 7 (this is why I could never do math in my head as a child!!)

Now you all think I’m a loony!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

That’s really neat! Do you actually see the color when you see a number or taste something?

Bob

Nambroth wrote:

The form that I experience is not that of a physical sensation (i.e. some people that ‘taste’ ‘feel’ ‘smell’ or ‘hear’ colors, etc). Some color combos are displeasing enough to me that I am disturbed by them, I can’t explain. Most things are in context. The red eyes in the silver dragons is very disturbing to me and makes me uneasy, but a silver car with red brake lights doesn’t bother me.

More than anything, everything ‘has’ a color to me. Letters, numbers, tastes, etc. The letter O is a dark inky indigo blue that sometimes shifts to pure black. The number 9 is almost always purple. 9 is also female and very mean to number 7 (this is why I could never do math in my head as a child!!)

Now you all think I’m a loony!! ๐Ÿ˜‰
                          YEAH WE DO!! But that just means you fit in better with the rest of us

Rusti
                          Participant

I’ve known I’ve had synesthesia for a while. I’ve always seen letters, numbers, words, etc. in color. Some notes of music I can feel on the back of my neck.

Some smells have color (flowery scents are usually pink to me). The letter ‘A’ is red, ‘D’ is green, ‘9’ is yellow, 8 is orange, 7 is red, 6 is blue-green, 5 is silver, 2 is flesh colored, etc. Mathematical concepts and time (usually by months or days, not necessarily by hours and minutes) have shapes and colors.

June, July and August are ‘removed’ somehow from the rest of the year in my mind and have a different ‘shape’ than Jan, March, April, May, September, October, November and December.

Some things are more difficult to describe than others.

Arlla
                            Participant

Whoa!! 0_0 ….that’s facinating! Sounds like you guys perceive the world in much more interesting ways than the rest of us! I bet it was hell growing up, though… How miserable for all the kids who had it before it was recognized for what it is…

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                              -J R R Tolkien

lamortefille
                              Participant

That is fascinating, indeed.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 185 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.