fbpx

Old Browns did not have felt, right?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Old Browns did not have felt, right?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chloe
    Participant

Neither of my old brown dragons (male, mother) have felt on the bottom. Were any of these dragons produced with felt? Mine are just stamped, and show paint overflow onto the bottom.

I always wonder how many of these are out there, as you see them frequently on eBay. I’ve had mine so long I assumed they might be rarer than they apparently are.

littleironhorse
      Participant

Actually only the oldest of the browns don’t have felt pads. The pads were introduced in 1989 so any browns produced after that date do have them.

And I would have to say that they are relatively common.

But I find that they are very interesting for the evolution of the color over their long production period, and since they’re among the first, you can also see a fair number of variations in the actual scupts. I know there’s a thread somewhere about the variation in eye ridges, forehead and body scales…

etruscan
        Participant

Actually only the oldest of the browns don’t have felt pads. The pads were introduced in 1989 so any browns produced after that date do have them.

And I would have to say that they are relatively common.

But I find that they are very interesting for the evolution of the color over their long production period, and since they’re among the first, you can also see a fair number of variations in the actual scupts. I know there’s a thread somewhere about the variation in eye ridges, forehead and body scales…

There is a thread called “Squinty Eyed Male Dragons” that someone (not me) can probably link to this one.

Adaneth
          Participant

Here’s the squinty dragon thread in case you’re curious. 🙂

Chloe
            Participant

Thanks for the info and link! Mine is a “grumpy”! I love him.

Cool! I love the comparison. I think one of my future goals will be to get a grumpy green male. The thing i love most about the males is that “don’t #&$@ with me” look when viewed directly from the front, and these seem to have more of the effect. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.