fbpx

Old Brown Emperor on eBay

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Old Brown Emperor on eBay

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Chloe
    Participant

Wow! For these guys being so rare we are really lucky to see two in the same week! Here is the auction:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120959603085?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I have no affiliation or experience with this seller, just thought I would share my find.

So not cool, 6 days & it is already up there…of course they had to go & be greedy & max out their profits by setting a high start then let it go for a week. It’ll go for over $800 like the last one, then get packed wrong & get broken. Me, bitter, not at all.

Kyrin

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

So not cool, 6 days & it is already up there…of course they had to go & be greedy & max out their profits by setting a high start then let it go for a week. It’ll go for over $800 like the last one, then get packed wrong & get broken. Me, bitter, not at all.

Kyrin

Nothing wrong with a seller wanting to get the most out of their investment. For the condition I’d say he would certainly be worth it and the way it was listed it probably the smartest way to do it.

Frankly, I can respect the collectors value of a mint condition Brown Emperor, but on a personal note, I am SO GLAD I am not a big enough fan of the brown to spend near their worth on one ^_^ LOL!

I do hope that he is packaged correctly, but I tend to find in a lot of cases, when someone KNOWS what something is worth, they take better care of them in the packing perspective. I don’t think it would hurt to send along a box though, just to be safe!

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Chloe
        Participant

Kyrin

I hope whomever wins it sends them a box to ship it in–it looks MINT. sigh…. we can only hope….

Chloe
          Participant

I certainly know they are grossly underestimating shipping costs! But, they will probably make enough in the end to feel better about it. πŸ˜‰

I have read on this forum that people contact sellers like this privately and try to buy the item with a high bid. The seller hasn’t seen the price rise (because everyone loves to snipe a WS) so is thankful, accepts the offer, and pulls the ad.

I think this is horrible business practice and I truly hope it doesn’t happen here.

Edit: The Brown is my favorite production color….sigh….

Sirithiliel
            Participant

I certainly know they are grossly underestimating shipping costs! But, they will probably make enough in the end to feel better about it. πŸ˜‰

I have read on this forum that people contact sellers like this privately and try to buy the item with a high bid. The seller hasn’t seen the price rise (because everyone loves to snipe a WS) so is thankful, accepts the offer, and pulls the ad.

I think this is horrible business practice and I truly hope it doesn’t happen here.

Edit: The Brown is my favorite production color….sigh….

I’ve never really been a fan of the brown, but the emperor looks good in it. =) thankfully out of my budget though haha

Since the brown is the only dragon color I collect & the Emperor & the OW are all I have left to get, understandably I am not wild about the price going into ridiculousness. I really wish I had seen the one you got 4dragonlove, before you did, he would have been mine. So seeing this one already up to what you got yours for I feel it is understandable that I am a little pissed off about it. Cause $550 I might have managed, as much as it is gonna end up, no way in hell.

Kyrin

Pam

Just remember… There will always be more….

Chloe
                Participant

Since the brown is the only dragon color I collect & the Emperor & the OW are all I have left to get, understandably I am not wild about the price going into ridiculousness. I really wish I had seen the one you got 4dragonlove, before you did, he would have been mine. So seeing this one already up to what you got yours for I feel it is understandable that I am a little pissed off about it. Cause $550 I might have managed, as much as it is gonna end up, no way in hell.

Kyrin

I did get extremely, extremely lucky. I still can’t believe it, either. If it makes you feel any better, the seller of mine said he had a “T-tiny” place on his head, but it wasn’t a chip??? So, we’ll see when he gets here.

The brown is also the only production color I collect.

Well if I hadn’t been trying to get a Brown Emperor for about 8 years, 6 year while here on WS forum, I wouldn’t be so bitter, about it. But whenever they make an appearance they are always more than I can afford, or snapped up before I ever get the chance. It is very frustrating. Though to be honest $550 is more than I can afford either, but I would have tried.

Kyrin

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

I have wanted an ultra-lite aircraft since I was 8 years old. Sadly, they always seem to sell for more than I can afford! (lol– like, thousands of dollars more!! Hah!) This is frustrating but is the reality in life when considering luxury items. Maybe I can get one someday, maybe not– but to hold bitter feelings over a luxury item is like holding bitter feelings over your neighbor having a ferrari that you can’t buy.

It’s okay to be frustrated– heavens know that we all get so frustrated sometimes when these things slip out of our grasp! No one is immune. It’s okay to complain about it. We have a great whine thread that is a bajillion pages long, even! But don’t let it taint your life or cause hard feelings against sellers (or buyers) that are doing nothing wrong. For heaven’s sakes, they are just pretty painted hunks of rock.

Just a reminder. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

WolfenMachine
                    Participant

Sometimes I feel better when things go super high…its like “HA! I’ll find one for a price I can afford, not double what I’d want to spend even if I had it”. I’d love to have a brown Emperor, and wouldn’t *mind* spending $800+ on one, but I dont have that now-and wont for a long time :- But, they aren’t OOAK pieces, so another will show up and I’ll get one one day, when it is meant to find me. Setsunawolf always says, ‘If it was meant to come live with me, it will’ in reference to Windstones. So, if she loses something on ebay, that she wanted very badly, she believes that if she was meant to own it, that piece will find its way into her collection eventually. I love this idea and think its a great way to look at things…and it helps me from being *so* sad when I *do* lose something. The Brown AL OW, Sinbad the flap cat, Fruitcake the Flapcat, and the Barn Swallow rising spectral are all examples of things I lost, was very very sad over, and they eventually found their way into my home πŸ™‚ Sure there’s others that never made it here (or havent yet! mwhahah!) but it just means they weren’t meant to be mine πŸ™‚

KaytanaPhoenix
                      Participant

Sometimes I feel better when things go super high…its like “HA! I’ll find one for a price I can afford, not double what I’d want to spend even if I had it”. I’d love to have a brown Emperor, and wouldn’t *mind* spending $800+ on one, but I dont have that now-and wont for a long time :- But, they aren’t OOAK pieces, so another will show up and I’ll get one one day, when it is meant to find me. Setsunawolf always says, ‘If it was meant to come live with me, it will’ in reference to Windstones. So, if she loses something on ebay, that she wanted very badly, she believes that if she was meant to own it, that piece will find its way into her collection eventually. I love this idea and think its a great way to look at things…and it helps me from being *so* sad when I *do* lose something. The Brown AL OW, Sinbad the flap cat, Fruitcake the Flapcat, and the Barn Swallow rising spectral are all examples of things I lost, was very very sad over, and they eventually found their way into my home πŸ™‚ Sure there’s others that never made it here (or havent yet! mwhahah!) but it just means they weren’t meant to be mine πŸ™‚

I completely agree with this theory! They’re just not worth getting my britches in a bunch over XD I have pieces I want, there is a GB wolf I really want… I know where he is, he MAY or may not find his way to me time, I’m ok with it! If it is meant to be that I get this wolf, he will find his way to me, if not then, I’m sure whoever has him is very happy with him. (For the one who does have him, this isn’t a guilt, just an example, lol)

Also, my emp shipped without his cardboard inserts… he showed up just fine πŸ™‚ so long as the person packing packs him properly, he’ll be all good! though if the buyer can send an emp box for him, that’d probably be a safe move!

Mike
                        Participant

I am trying to get all the Production and LP pieces and the Brown Emp is one I need so I have to hope the price stays where I think it will and get a bid in to get it. If not as has been said will just have to wait for another one. I am so close I can see the light at the end of this part of collecting Windstone, although with the new Hatchlings coming more will get added to that list. That is why I hope to get them sooner then later as I am sure Windstone will continue to add production or LP dragons in the future. I am down to needing just 11 more pieces. Some I have seen but were more then I wanted to pay at the time, many I have not seen since we joined up about a year ago.
                          I have been collecting since 1990 when I received the first 12 dragons as a wedding gift, but money became tight just after the wedding and we only recently were able to get back into getting them. We picked up a few between then and last year as we could. I missed that one that showed up as a buy it now but this one has 7 days (yes rather long, and I hate when a deal is made and the item is pulled too, this one is to wanted to do that to I hope.)
                          No ill will to whoever gets it, but I am going to hope I do just as those bidding do.
                          πŸ™‚

Setsunawolf
                          Participant

Setsunawolf always says, ‘If it was meant to come live with me, it will’ in reference to Windstones. So, if she loses something on ebay, that she wanted very badly, she believes that if she was meant to own it, that piece will find its way into her collection eventually. I love this idea and think its a great way to look at things…and it helps me from being *so* sad when I *do* lose something.

And I do actually believe that. For example I own the Sun male griffin and chick, both sold before I joined the forum and are OOAK. A labradorite griffin chick same deal–sold before I joined. The ALSK, who actually belongs to my roommie, but I get to look at him. A lovely Blue sparkle Sun dragon and Clash the Sun dragon as well. If it’s meant to find you it will. Usually when you are looking at Blackfire kirins πŸ™‚ which I have managed to miss twice….but if he’s meant to come to live w/ me he will.

I have other production pieces that have shown up, but that philosophy really is best demonstrated w/ OOAK pieces because they are OOAK and harder to come by.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                            Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                            Sun Dragon Koi #3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.