fbpx

Okay, Explain again the Emerald Versus Jade Issue.

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Okay, Explain again the Emerald Versus Jade Issue.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    keschete
    Participant

keschete
      Participant

Sorry, probably been brought up a jillion times….

There is a Coiled Dragon on Ebay and people refer to it as Jade…it looks like Emerald to me. Then a second one and the owner even refers to it in the Flea Market section as Emerald/Jade. So is it Emerald which it looks like to me or is it Jade?

The Orientals are pretty easy to tell because the Jade looks like a washed out Emerald…but then when you are looking at pictures and with the flash…it could wash out the Emerald….(Same with the light and dark Peacocks in Oriental)

So how do you really know what is what?

Pegasi1978
        Participant

keschete wrote:

Sorry, probably been brought up a jillion times….

There is a Coiled Dragon on Ebay and people refer to it as Jade…it looks like Emerald to me. Then a second one and the owner even refers to it in the Flea Market section as Emerald/Jade. So is it Emerald which it looks like to me or is it Jade?

The Orientals are pretty easy to tell because the Jade looks like a washed out Emerald…but then when you are looking at pictures and with the flash…it could wash out the Emerald….(Same with the light and dark Peacocks in Oriental)

So how do you really know what is what?

It’s the same on all Emerald and Jade pieces. Emerald is the brighter green, Jade is the darker.

The place confusion comes in is on the Western Dragons the color was called Emerald, but on the Oriental dragons the exact same color was called Jade.

You know, we really need to ask someone to put a sticky on one of these Emerald vs. Jade topics so we don’t keep losing them.

lol yes, and oh the colours! they look soooo pritty together!

keschete
          Participant

Griffiness wrote:

lol yes, and oh the colours! they look soooo pritty together!

So this is Emerald?

Jennifer
            Keymaster

Yes, that is emerald. 🙂

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Skigod377
              Participant

Another pic… the darker ones are jade, the brighter ones are emerald. 🙂

Jodi
                Participant

The middle one in my signature is Jade.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.