fbpx

Okami Okami Okami

Home Forums Miscellany Community Okami Okami Okami

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

Mini Budda Board? Never heard of it, what’s that?

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Arlla
      Participant

So not to highjack the okami thread, but since it has to do with video games –

My fiance is playing Shadow of the Colossus – I played it through sometime last year – and I’m remembering how freaking AWESOME this game is!!! If anyone out there who has a playstation 2 hasn’t played it, you’re definitely missing out. Rent it, borrow it or somethine, because this game is just beautiful. And tons of fun. ^_^

(if you’ve never heard of it – the gameplay consists of riding through a fairly vast landscape on your horse Argo searching for the colossi. Each time you find one, you have to kill it by stabbing or shooting it’s “vitals” or weak spots. To get to those spots, you usually have to climb ONTO the colossus and hang on for dear life! It’s very beautiful and very exciting and the story is quite nice, too – you’re killing the colossi for a noble if selfish cause.)

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
        -J R R Tolkien

Arlla wrote:

So not to highjack the okami thread, but since it has to do with video games –

My fiance is playing Shadow of the Colossus – I played it through sometime last year – and I’m remembering how freaking AWESOME this game is!!! If anyone out there who has a playstation 2 hasn’t played it, you’re definitely missing out. Rent it, borrow it or somethine, because this game is just beautiful. And tons of fun. ^_^

(if you’ve never heard of it – the gameplay consists of riding through a fairly vast landscape on your horse Argo searching for the colossi. Each time you find one, you have to kill it by stabbing or shooting it’s “vitals” or weak spots. To get to those spots, you usually have to climb ONTO the colossus and hang on for dear life! It’s very beautiful and very exciting and the story is quite nice, too – you’re killing the colossi for a noble if selfish cause.)

I loved Shadow of the Colossus! I think I spent more time galloping around on Agro than anything. ๐Ÿ˜€ And trying to reach the secret eden.

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ That has to be one of my FAVORITE GAMES EVER!!!! The last guy you fight is SO COOL, but my favority one was probably that one that looked like a frilled lizard that shot poison and slectricity at you! OH! the flying one was awesome too! OH! Now I want to play again!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Got a busted Windstone?
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Tattoo Mother Kirin

Maria
          Participant

Arlla wrote:

Noble if selfish? This is the first time I hear those two can corroborate…

vantid wrote:

Oh dude I was looking up to see if they sell the buddha board on eBay and I found an Okami ART BOOK. *swoon*

Sweet. Yeah, I would like to see it. I saw a couple on ebay and was thinking of getting it, but I am sure they will pop up again.

I have played Shadow of Colossus, but my bf and I got stuck in it so we never finished it. Looks like we will have to rent it again.

Arlla
            Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Arlla wrote:

Noble if selfish? This is the first time I hear those two can corroborate…

well…(SPOILORZ) he’s killing the collossi for love – to bring his girlfriend back from the dead – which I always consider pretty noble. Or at least very romantic. But he’s also breaking like the biggest tabboo of his culture by going into the land of the collossi AND bringing back a giant god of destruction to do it. So … does that cound as noble and selfish?

-J R R Tolkien

Maria
              Participant

๐Ÿ˜† Yeah, I guess you’re right – that does qualify for the description. Of course you could replace selfish with selfless and it’d still be right, or not?

Arlla
                Participant

Yeah, I suppose so…He does end up giving up his humanity and eventually his life. But I suppose we’d have to know how his culture views the afterlife – if she’s supposed to be at peace now that she is dead, it might be considered an act of selfishness to bring her back to life…
                  ๐Ÿ˜‰ Who says video games are mindless wastes of time?? They prompt discussions of ethics.

-J R R Tolkien

Maria
                  Participant

๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† I’m thinking I should probably pay the game, though, to really be able to hold with you.

Arlla
                    Participant

Eh, you could read a walkthrough on the internet…though I do recomend playing the game!!! It’s super fun and insanely pretty.

-J R R Tolkien

Rusti
                      Participant

An Okami topic!! And I missed it when I first started, how did I do that???

BTW, the Okami art book will be out in English in July and you can get it from http:///www.animenation.com I think it’s $35 or so. I think there’s even a soundtrack you can get from there for about $50, a five CD set.

Where, exactly, are you guys catching koi? I need to go fishing there. I’ve already beat the game, and I’m going back through it for the fun of it, picking up tasks and things I ignored the first time for the sake of getting through the story.

Has anybody else beaten it yet?

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

I caught Koi at the town with the Mist. I forgot the name. You give him a White rod or a snow rod, something like that. He’s in the town fishing after you finish the area. He’s over a HUGE red bridge! His a very grizzly looking guy =)

Got a busted Windstone?
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin

Rusti
                          Participant

Sei-an City, yeah! Hey, did you ever catch the theif in that town? Or find whatever the heck the dude sobbing on the beach was looking for?

I can’t, for the life of me, figure those two side-quests out.

Maria
                            Participant

That sounds like a neat game. I’m going to see if one of my brothers will get it and play it. If I start playing computer games now I’ll never get anything done.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.