OH WOW!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community OH WOW!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

Lol😄

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Mary
      Participant

LOL, tig3r06! That’s exactly why I have a SUV with rooftop carrier. I hauled 16 railroad ties in my car that I used for landscaping the yard. Had them hanging out of the back tailgate, but they all fit.

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

I work at Lowe’s…. I can’t tell you the number of insane things strapped to cars I have seen over the years! I think the best was someone who literally tied a giant one piece fiberglass tub surround to his roof. They were back at the store an hour later with it in pieces wanting a refund because it blew off the roof while they were on the highway. SMH

Someone else strapped a full size refrigerator to the truck of their car…. like literally about 10% of the fridge was in the trunk and it was sitting on the bumper and resting against the open trunk. That could not have ended well.

They always say the same thing…

Me: Uh… you know we do have free delivery right?
          Customer : No I need it right now and I’m just right down the street

I’ve seen people loading thousands of pounds of concrete, sheetrock, flooring, in their vehicles you name it. A guy once had us put a Christmas tree upside down and into his sunroof because they didn’t want to scratch the paint on their roof. Someone else had 2X4s sticking 8 feet out of their sunroof straight up into the air. Secretly in my head I’m like… Have a nice day, I hope you go under a really low bridge you idiot…

Seriously I’ve seen it all

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Bodine
          Participant

Jeff has told me people call and ask things like,How long is a 12’extention cord.How tall is a six foot tree.What color is the red mulch.They ask questions from that to questions a horticulturalist would have problems answering expecting a $10hr employee to know.😜 Folks just don’t use common sense.

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

OMG I have gotten some crazy calls too… I think the most common is people who think it is hysterical (and original) to call me if we sell black caulk. It’s like oh boy… like I haven’t heard that one before. Then they all bust out laughing when I have to confirm… yes… yes we do indeed sell black caulk. *rolls eyes*

As a retail worker there are a few lines that also hit me like nails on a chalkboard

*as a kitchen designer, where NO KITCHEN IS THE SAME… NOT EVER… NEVER EVER*
              Customer: I need a price on my kitchen, can you give me an estimate?”
              Me: Sure, do you have your measurements?
              Customer: No, but it’s standard
              Me: *eyebrow twitch* NO I CAN’T GIVE YOU AN ESTIMATE >_<

*customer is looking at an item without a price tag*
              Customer: “What? There’s no price? Well then it must mean it’s free!”
              Me: NO! NO IT’S NOT FREE! I AM 100% POSITIVE IT IS NOT FREE!

*customer can’t find something they want that we clearly do not carry*
              Customer: Are you sure you just don’t have some in the back?”
              Me: You are in Lowe’s sir. We do not sell bicycles…
              Customer: You had them last time I was here, I saw them
              Me: I am positive that you did not
              (this actually happened)

*customer sees me cleaning my department*
              Customer: Hey can you come to my house and do that!?
              Me: I doubt you could afford me

*customer who wants a discount for no reason*
              Customer: But they gave it to me last time
              Me: Well this it this time and I’m not giving it to you

I think retail has made me hate 90% of humanity, LOL

Got a busted Windstone?
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Tattoo Mother Kirin

Ela_Hara
              Participant

Try selling stuff at a yard sale…
                That’s probably where the phrase “nickel and dime-ing you to death” came about… >_< Duh!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Kim
                Blocked

Haha. I love reading about dumb customer stories!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Melody
                  Keymaster

People often say the same things in the same situation.
                    I’ve never worked in a retail store, but I did deal with the public for awhile.

I worked at the LA Zoo for a couple of summers as a volunteer docent when I was about 16. It was fun. We would hold bunnies in the children’s zoo for the really little kids to pet. If a family of a mom, a dad, and a toddler would stop by to pet the bunnies, the mom and little kid would always be entranced by the beautiful, soft rabbits.
                    But out of the hundreds of families I had interactions with, only ONE TIME did the dad not make some snide comment about killing and eating the bunnies. I kept track! It was like the men had to prove something. Or else nearly 100% of the men really killed and ate bunnies, I don’t know. Maybe. Human nature is weird.

Suzanne-Marie
                    Participant

That’s really sad that happened to you Melody… weird is right.
                      When we were moving cross-country from Michigan to California had my lop-eared rabbit Ariel and my Moluccan Cockatoo, Nym in the back seat.
                      In Oklahoma; we stopped at MacDonalds to eat; a man came over from the truck who was behind us in the drive thru, and offered us $20 for Ariel for their Sunday dinner.
                      He wasn’t kidding as he was holding a $20 bill.
                      I burst into tears; my roommate gunned it out of the parking lot so fast….I was so grateful nothing happened to her…
                      She was a beloved pet; as was Nym, both crossed the Rainbow 🌈 Bridge and are at peace; Ariel was 9 years old and Nym was 21 years old when they peacefully passed.

sherry10151982
                      Participant

Wow!! You had a bird that long? That’s amazing!! I know they live long but that’s amazing!

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

I had to share this quickly… I just had a lady come in asking me about countertops

Interaction went down like this as I see a lady looking at our countertops.

“Hi, can I help you?”
                          “Yes, I am interested in granite countertops”
                          “Oh, sure *walks to granite wall where there are large 24″ x 24″ samples on display* As you can see what have many colors and…”
                          “What is it made out of?”
                          “Made of?”
                          “Yes, what is the granite made out of?”
                          “Well it’s granite, it is natural stone that is cut and polished…”
                          “So it’s a rock?”
                          “Well, yes basically. It’s sealed so it is protected from stains and…”
                          “That’s not right.”
                          “… Uh, excuse me?”
                          “You’re saying that your company has rocks big enough to make a countertop out of?”
                          “Um… yes…”
                          “Rocks don’t come that big, so that can’t be right.”
                          “Uh… rocks can be pretty large ma’am. I mean, I guess boulder may be the better term but they weigh thousands of pounds can mined from all over the world…”
                          “Nope… Boulders aren’t that big. Nobody can make a rock that big.”
                          “…”
                          (is this woman serious right now? WTF you think a mountain is made out of? I can’t with the public anymore… I blame common core math! LOL!)

Got a busted Windstone?
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin

Bodine
                          Participant

Oh gosh DF…face palm at her.🤪
                            Ms.Melody,I can identify.Some country guys are the worst.No mind as to what pops out of their mouths.

tig3r06
                            Participant

I just laughed super loud and scared my cats 🤣 Thanks drag0n, that was fantastic 😆

pipsxlch
                              Participant

This. Amen.

You come to think the best thing that could happen is some sort of pandemic that kills us all. (Have worked in animal shelters also, between the retail and shelter you get a very dyspeptic viewpoint)

Ummm, has that woman ever heard of Stone Mountain in Atlanta? It’s nothing but one single giant lump of granite.
                                Think there’s a monadnock near Boston too…. that’s what a monadnock is. A mountain sized lump of igneous rock.

I recently read somewhere that average cranial capacity of humans has dropped +/- 10% in the last 10,000 years. I think increased survival rates means the stupid ones do most of the breeding. I.e., Drag0n’s satanic coworker…

Suzanne-Marie
                                Participant

Awwww DragOnfeathers…
                                  Maybe you can do “stand up “ comedy with the tales of these folks you are dealing with….
                                  I too laughed out loud and woke up 🐶who is napping after vet trip…
                                  She went right back to sleep…
                                  Howze Satan doing??
                                  Biggest Hugs!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.