fbpx

Officially a car owner!!! XD

Home Forums Miscellany Community Officially a car owner!!! XD

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

🙄 So I find out the hard way that there’s a problem with the reverse gear on the thing. Nothing too major, but it could lead to something major. It’s REALLY hard to shift into reverse with this thing. I mean, REALLY hard. I usually don’t get it in. Also the shocks are crap (we hit the bumper on the ground after going over a speedbump at 5km/hr bad), and the car makes funny noises at high speeds (I think that one is just a door problem though, it doesn’t seem to be attributed to any particular gear, and it’s worse when it’s windy out). So I’m thinking that even without having to pay for it right away, that it was too much. $5 grand. Maybe.

How am I supposed to approach my father and tell him the car he sold me wasn’t as good as he said it was?????? That’s a scary thought. I want to tell him if the gear breaks outright, or if I have to replace the shocks, that he’s gonna have to pay for it (it’s not my fault they’re crap). 🙄 But I’m scared to…. *sigh*

darjeb
    Participant

Congratulations – Owning your first car is always exciting – good luck with it

Well, ok, the shocks aren’t as bad as I thought (going from a boat of an Intrepid to a Civic apparently you lose something in the stability department by loss of length), and the gear shifts have been like that from day 1, and the weird sound is a bad seal on the door (like I thought).

And if I don’t like the shocks when I come up on the 30th, he’ll pay to replace them (since why they’re a bit loose is his fault).

And I just pimped out the seats and steering wheel cover (with some nice suede-like seat covers with a red stitched tribal dragon on them), so I’m happy as punch again. Somehow I thought he’d be more upset by this.

I’m starting to get attached to this thing.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.