fbpx

now for some orchid exotics:

Home Forums Miscellany Community now for some orchid exotics:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author

this is what i have in bloom right now-

Skigod377
    Participant

Oooh pretty! I love the pink and white one.

Laurie
      Participant

beautiful orchids. Never saw one like the orange and my hubby raises them.

purpledragonclaw
        Participant

Those are pretty! What kinds of flowers are those?

Adaneth
          Participant

Beautiful! I really like that first one. πŸ˜€

Katherine
            Participant

Very beautiful!

Stephanie
              Participant

Beautiful!

first one prpl/white is a dendrobium nobile hybrid smells like lilacs,2nd one purple is a phaleanopsis java rose cross spicey/sweet scented,3rd the orange is masdevallia ted khoe one of the few unscented i have,the 4th pinkish is cattleya secret love spicey/floral scent,the 4th white with pink spots is trichopilia suavis(species)strong scent of daffodils.

Purplecat
                Participant

Ooooh!! my favorite is the last one! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

Oh how beautiful! Someday I will have the time and money to raise orchids (haha, well, it’s a dream).

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

Jasmine
                    Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Oooh pretty! I love the pink and white one.

Ski, liking pink?? Say it isn’t so. πŸ˜†

I love the first purple ones myself.

purpledragonclaw
                      Participant

Jennifer wrote:

Oh how beautiful! Someday I will have the time and money to raise orchids (haha, well, it’s a dream).

Oh, you should!! They’re gorgeous. We have pink and white ones. They don’t scent, but make a nice display! Everybody, plant some flowers!

to be honest nam you don’t need a lot of time or money,i have these guy’s set up so lighting is on a timer,i only have to change the timer for the four season’s,i water with fertalizer once a week accept for the few that need to stay moist so they get twice a week,during the winter no fertalizer and a few don’t even get watered for 6-weeks,as for cost you can even go to home depot and get a phaleanopsis in full bloom in a 6-inch pot for $14.99 to $24.99,way cheeper then collecting windstone’s πŸ˜†

Laurie
                        Participant

fauxbird wrote:

to be honest nam you don’t need a lot of time or money,i have these guy’s set up so lighting is on a timer,i only have to change the timer for the four season’s,i water with fertalizer once a week accept for the few that need to stay moist so they get twice a week,during the winter no fertalizer and a few don’t even get watered for 6-weeks,as for cost you can even go to home depot and get a phaleanopsis in full bloom in a 6-inch pot for $14.99 to $24.99,way cheeper then collecting windstone’s πŸ˜†

I was going to tell her the same thing. πŸ˜€ good job. We have it easier tho because we live in Florida and have a greenhouse. Winter time we have to put heaters in there and the small ones come in the house. But most of the time it’s simple and inexpensive. Some are just air plants basicly and just need to be misted daily. Can’t think of the name right off hand tho.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.