fbpx

Novel Illustrations on DA

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Novel Illustrations on DA

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

Yay! I finally got the first half dozen uploaded!
      For folks who have been reading my rought draft of the novel currently called Lamar’s Jay, hereyou see a couple of the characters and their respective breeds. For the rest of you, just enjoy the artwork. πŸ˜€
      I’d appreciate any sort of feedback, expecially on the anatomy. None of the illustrations is perfect. I’m like that – I finish something, lean back and find half a dozen points I’d like to change.
      But anyway, it’s a start. Readers, could you let me know how my illustrations match with how you imagined the breeds and characters?
      Next thing to do, and fast – get an avatar! I’m such a dunce with computer artwork.

EDIT: Clearer link

Maria
      Participant

Maria
        Participant

32 views but no comments? C’mon, I can handle the truth. πŸ˜›

Pegasi1978
          Participant

The bad thing about DA is if you don’t have an account you can’t comment. I’ll admit I’ve looked at this thread, but haven’t followed the link just yet to look at your art. I’ll try to do that soon though.

Skigod377
            Participant

I like them, GB! I like your style. The sterkar one is my fav!

Maria
              Participant

I don’t really want the comments on DA, anyway. I’d rather have them here, where I know people. πŸ˜›
                These were especially done for the folks who are reading – and helping me with – my novel-in-progress, so they can see how the characters look. But I appreciate artsy comments by everybody else, too!
                Thanks, Peg and Ski. πŸ˜€

Skigod377
                Participant

You’re welcome! Sorry I cant give artsy replies. I have no experience. I just know what I like and dont like πŸ˜›

wolflodge100
                  Participant

I like your drawings GB! I can picture the dragons as I read now. Keep it up! I need to catch up on the story, I’m so behind 😳 πŸ˜†

Maria
                    Participant

10 installments so far… And always more in the works. πŸ˜€ I’m glad it helps to picture the characters, though I’m also in favor of the reader imagining their own from my descriptions. This is just how I see them.

Pegasi1978
                      Participant

I just looked and I have to save my favorites are the Kitchen Dragons and Diamante. I’d love to see the black and white versions colored someday. I haven’t read your story yet, but from the picture I would imagine Diamante to be very colorful.

I like how you draw your dragons’ faces. They’re definitely expressionistic, which gives them a lot of character. πŸ™‚

Maria
                        Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

I just looked and I have to save my favorites are the Kitchen Dragons and Diamante. I’d love to see the black and white versions colored someday. I haven’t read your story yet, but from the picture I would imagine Diamante to be very colorful.

I would really like to be able to color them digitally. But I’m just not adept yet. πŸ™ I actually prefer traditional art, but pencil doesn’t give the effect I want on these and I’m not really good with painting 2D.
                          If I can ever color them, they’ll be added to the gallery.

Maria
                          Participant

Alcyone wrote:

I like how you draw your dragons’ faces. They’re definitely expressionistic, which gives them a lot of character. πŸ™‚

Thanks. πŸ˜€ Sometimes it requires shortening the lizardy mouths, but the dragons have their own characters in the story and it ought to show in the drawings.

Maria
                            Participant

Finally got another piece added. Not sure how many more will go on before I leave for the States, since I always want Mom’s critique before I post these.

This took a lot of work, as you can tell. But it’ll be helpful to me – and my readers – to see how big the breeds are comparatively.
                              Note the Pittarn’s huge head. I designed these things to be ugly, but I have to say, all that might and muscle is growing on me. I bet they’ll be a favorite of mine. πŸ˜€

Adaneth
                              Participant

What a delightful size range! (How much does that big one EAT?!) And lovely drawing, too. For myself, I find nothing more rewarding than illustrating my own writings. πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.