fbpx

Not listed as Windstone…wondering about this.

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Not listed as Windstone…wondering about this.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

http://www.whatonearthcatalog.com/whatonearth/Whats-New_1AA/To-Collect_1BB/Item_The-Hatchling_AA3552_ps_cti-1BB.html

This is obviously a Windstone product, says it is made of Gypsum and has glass eyes, but doesn’t mention Windstone Editions anywhere. So I am wondering if this is a legitmate deal made between Windstone and the What On Earth company, or not.

Kyrin

Jennifer
    Keymaster

There are a few companies that do this (including Gaelsong). If this one is legit or not would be a John (or Melody) question, so I’m moving it there.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Okay, sounds good. We got the catalog today and saw this and alarms went off. So we figured we would ask about it.

Kyrin

Melody
      Keymaster

This is obviously a Windstone product, says it is made of Gypsum and has glass eyes, but doesn’t mention Windstone Editions anywhere. So I am wondering if this is a legitmate deal made between Windstone and the What On Earth company, or not.

Kyrin That is legit! We’ve bee selling to the “What On Earth” and “Gaelsong” catalogs for years. It seems to be their policy to not state in the catalog ads the maker of the stuff they sell.

Kyrin That is legit! We’ve bee selling to the “What On Earth” and “Gaelsong” catalogs for years. It seems to be their policy to not state in the catalog ads the maker of the stuff they sell.

That’s great! So good that it is all on the up and up!

Kyrin

Skeeterdeee
        Participant

I wonder why they don’t state the maker’s name? :shrug: Wouldn’t they sell better when the customer knows it’s by a high quality company such as Windstone?

Amanda
          Participant

Ack! I saw this the other day and was wondering if I should mention it, I completely forgot about it!

I saw that in the catalog last night and was like “hmm…” XD what about the dragon on the page next to it? I know it’s not a Windstone, but it looks an awful lot like the mother dragon. I guess the ‘laying down & curled up pose isn’t copyrighted or anything but still. *shrugs* ๐Ÿ˜•

Oh, found it on the site, it was this dragon – http://www.whatonearthcatalog.com/whatonearth/Item_Sleepy-Dragon-Garden-Sculpture_CE3183_ps_srm.html

Jennifer
            Keymaster

I suspect that dragon is different enough to not be a problem. Nothing about it brings “Windstone” or Melody’s style to mind. ๐Ÿ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Kujacker
              Participant

PaperCut wrote:

I saw that in the catalog last night and was like “hmm…” XD what about the dragon on the page next to it? I know it’s not a Windstone, but it looks an awful lot like the mother dragon. I guess the ‘laying down & curled up pose isn’t copyrighted or anything but still. *shrugs* ๐Ÿ˜•

Oh, found it on the site, it was this dragon – http://www.whatonearthcatalog.com/whatonearth/Item_Sleepy-Dragon-Garden-Sculpture_CE3183_ps_srm.html

I don’t see any copying in that statue. That would kind of be like saying any dragon posed sitting up would be copying the male dragon.

Yeah I guess you’re right. It just seemed a little close to me, but I guess there are enough differences for it to not be a copy. ^^ Just me being paranoid with my OCD as usual~ ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.