fbpx

Not giving in to road bullies

Home Forums Miscellany Community Not giving in to road bullies

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

What was it, a 209 car pile up on the German Autobahn a couple weeks ago?

Maria
      Participant

Adraenyse wrote:

What was it, a 209 car pile up on the German Autobahn a couple weeks ago?

That many? There was a huge carambolage, yes, but I forget the number of cars involved. And that in summer, for crying out loud. The roads aren’t even icy right now – though they’re wet far too often.

twindragonsmum
        Participant

😮 😮 😮 How are roads in winter, GB? Do you take Beastie out often? 😕

twindragonsmum

tdm

Anonymous

Hmm apparently it was A2 between Peine and Braunschweig in Lower Saxony with 259 cars with 72 different crashes and 82 injured.

Maria
            Participant

twindragonsmum wrote:

😮 😮 😮 How are roads in winter, GB? Do you take Beastie out often? 😕

twindragonsmum

Oh yes, the Beastie accompanies me in almost any weather. I can’t handle over an inch of snow too well as the Buell is fairly heavy, but the mechanic fusses royally every time I come in for a service in or after the winter, about rusty wheel bearings and “it’s not good for the airbrush” and such. He’s right, of course, but “customized” isn’t synonymous with “never seen a drop of rain” in my book.
              Anyway, most roads, especially in the cities, as kept cleared and salted in the winter and unless we get huge amounts of snow it’s not hard to drive them. Last winter was ridiculously white so I used my four-wheeled Bonnie quite a bit, but my motorcycle doesn’t get put away for the cold months.

Maria
              Participant

Adraenyse wrote:

Hmm apparently it was A2 between Peine and Braunschweig in Lower Saxony with 259 cars with 72 different crashes and 82 injured.

Dad gum. The Krauts don’t do things by halves.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.