fbpx

Not again… now it's my oldest, Snickers

Home Forums Miscellany Community Not again… now it's my oldest, Snickers

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 135 total)
  • Author
    littleironhorse
    Participant

I’m really sorry to hear that drag0n. As a matter of fact, I think you are one of the most genuine and friendly people on here.

A break can be a good thing though and I hope that things settle down in your life and that you come back here refreshed and happy!

Take care and see you soon! 🙂

Christine
      Participant

I’m really sorry this place has been stress for you, Dragon. 🙁 I gotta chime in on what’s been said–I love your posts and personality here on the board! Please do what’s best for you, and what makes you happiest. Don’t let bad (but probably temporary) feelings wreck your longtime love of Windstones! If you feel better I hope you’ll be back and till then there’s always PMs. 🙂

Take the best of care, and give updates when you feel like it. <3 I hope your kitty is still on the mend, and that life swings back into the positive again really really soon.

drag0nfeathers
        Participant

Thank you all very much everyone. I just wanted to let you know I have read your posts and I am truly touched. I love you all and thank you all so so much. I’m glad to know you all and am happy you enjoy knowing me ^_^

Got a busted Windstone?
          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
          Siphlophis Male Dragon
          Calypso Hatching Empress
          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
          Tattoo Mother Kirin
          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Grayfire_artz
          Participant

Hugs* I’m going to miss you around here but if you need time take it, your health is first priority. Stress causes all kinda of complications and if you don’t do anything about it it can cause all kinda of havoc all through your body and damage your mental health. drink tea and have a bubble bath with relaxing music and focus on not thinking about anything, it’s really hard but I have noticed that it helps me a bit when I’m on the verge of a nervous break down.

Puffpastryofdoom
            Participant

Although I don’t post too often, I too have always enjoyed everything that you do here! You bring humor, talent, sincerity, and friendliness to this forum and it certainly gives this place a much more hospitable feel than any other forum I’ve ever been on.
              Because of everything you do, we wish you all the best in life! Relax and you will see that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel! (Especially for someone as wonderful as you! 🙂 )

darjeb
              Participant

Give Ajani a big kiss for me. My prayers and concerns are with both of you.

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

New Post:

Figured I’d drudge this old thing back up again. I am so sick of this, now my oldest Snickers is clinging to life right now. She just turned 20 in March and I believe she has an infection in her mouth that just shot her right down because of her age. I’m bringing her to the vet in the morning, of course, every pet I own HAS to get sick of a freaking Saturday night….never fails.

I know the emergency clinic is just going to tell me “She’s 20 and just old” and want me to put her down. I realize she is old, but she is a really spunky cat and up until about 2 days ago I really thought she had a few good years left in her.

This sucks so much, as soon as Ajani is better now she’s sick. I hate the emergency vet here so much. This is EXACTLY what happened to Bubbas and they kept him for 3 days on fluids, charged me $2000 and told me to enjoy the little time I had left with him. Brought him to my regular vet, he poped out a tooth, charged me $63 bucks, and he lasted 3 more long happy years because it was a simple infection and the ER just wanted to bleed us dry without even checking to see is he had an infection.

She had stopped eating and someone reccommended to try baby food and she is eating that at least, but she looks so miserable. She keeps trying to put her paws in her mouth and is scratching her face up >_< She will NOT let me anywhere NEAR her mouth and it smells like death!

I just put her on joint suppliments a bit ago since she is not as nimble as she used to be and she was doing really good then BANG! All of a sudden she just won't move or do anything that involves moving. She gets up to use the litter box and that's it and even then she is sort of getting some on the floor.

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Sooo sorry to hear this Drag0n. I hope that Snickers can and does have a few great years left with you. Your regular vet may be able to deal with the infected mouth and help your baby to get better. 20yrs is an amazingly long time to share with a pet and I can feel for your distress. My sister also loves her cats and lost her beautiful Missy last year after 22yrs together. I hope all goes well and that Snickers makes a full recovery. Glad to hear that Ajani is all better too. My thoughts are with you and your kitty.

Stephanie
                  Participant

Oh, Drag0n, I’m so sorry to hear about this! I hope she comes through okay. *lots of hugs!*

Amanda
                    Participant

Sending prayers to you and your kitty Drag0n!

Carolyn
                      Participant

I think she’s saying good bye . It hurts to lose them . But if it’s time to go let her . I wanted one of my cats to hold on just till the weekend is over , then I realized how selfish that was and I said to him . If you want to go , it’s ok . He died that night . He was 20 .
                        Oh we want to keep them with us and never let them go . But if it’s time and they want to go let them .
                        I’m not sure the pain of losing them ever goes away . Because I still cry over the precious cats and dogs I’ve had and known .
                        I do believe that they do wait for us . To be with them again . No one will ever make me not believe that .

Shotzy11
                        Participant

I am so sorry to hear that!! I hope snickers pulls through. We will be praying for her. We had to put our family dog down last summer and I still miss him so much. He really was part of our family. Stay strong and I hope your vet can figure things out when they are open tomorrow.

Robin
                          Participant

I feel for you and your little one. Here’s hoping for a clean and speedy recovery. This is NOT a death sentence! It is, however, an expensive sentence. Keep your head up and let us know how things go. >>>HUGS<<<

Fingers crossed for a good vet visit Monday! If you’re right, if it’s an infection, no, totally not a death sentence, even with a 20 year old cat. Meanwhile, any fluids you can get into her (and yes, the baby food) will at least keep her going long enough for YOUR vet, not the ER ones, to make the right call for you and your fur kid.

I know what you mean about dealing with the ER crews. God bless them, I know they do good work, but I’ve had both good and bad experiences with them. Thankfully our main vet–who is outrageously expensive, but!–is actually also the ER vet that’s closest to the house, so the kids’ records are all at hand, and half the time it’s the same docs/support teams on staff. It just costs an arm and leg more than usual.

windstonefan
                            Participant

Oh my god I just saw this. Everyone going to think I am wrong to say this but take the older cat off those joint supplements. Everyone thinks they are doing better when thay take these but they have allot of sodium I think is what my doctor said. He ordered me to not take them ever again. He said they do more harm than good. I tossed them so can’t remember exactly what is in them that will hurt you. But did notice that my urine was stronger. When I took them.

Also I don’t know how well this works by I have a friend that only feeds her dog cat food so if the cat eats it –it will be okay. An the dog seams fine to me. I have had 2 dogs with crystals and infections in their urine in the past one just a few weeks ago. I gave them my medicine for 10 days just like I take it. An they are fine.

Also I used to give all my dogs a product called NZYMES I added it to their water. I am going to put them back on it as I never had any problems at all while they were on it. It is a Anti-Bacterial, Anti-Fungal and Anti-Viral treatment that keeps animals well. Look it up on the internet web site.

Good luck with both your babies. I am sad for them and you too. I will pray for them to get well.

windstonefan

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 135 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.