fbpx

'Night Scream' Griffin

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone 'Night Scream' Griffin

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

This is the griffin that I got from Jennifer (i think? lol.. its been so long it seems..) when she drew 2 names for the chance to get a blank PYO a few months back. Im not too experienced with painting, but i liked how he turned out. The first pic is closest to his true color, it seems that cameras dont like purple lol.. and in the other pics he looks more blue-ish, which he’s not. I think it may be also due to a thin coat of metallic ‘platinum’ paint that i used over the purple and is the most likely cause on why he looks so blotchy in the pics 😑 . I still need to get some finish on him…but so far, ive been unable to get any between orders not arriving or not finding places that can ship to my location.. Does anyone know a good matte finish brand and a site that i could get it from that can ship to APO addresses lol?…i just hope the paint lasts until i can get it.. already had a little paint chip off his feet πŸ™ … prolly my fault for moving him around so much tho πŸ™„

lamortefille
    Participant

Pretty! Love his make-up. πŸ˜€

Adaneth
      Participant

Looks nice! I like the wings and face. πŸ™‚

dragonmedley
        Participant

Oooouh, I love the eyes!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Anna
          Participant

He’s beautiful! And I have a feeling he looks much lovelier in person. πŸ™‚

Oooh….Griffy!!! πŸ˜€
            I don’t use brush on sealer…Only Krylon clear coat in Satin Matte, and Gloss. I myself prefer gloss because cleaning seems to go much more smoothly. But I am a horrible duster. 😳

StellarWing wrote:

lol i think that applies to like…. all windstones πŸ˜†

@ WC – i normally like Gloss too…cuz i likes shiny stuffs πŸ˜€ , but something is yelling at me telling me to go with matte, or maybe the satin matte :twisted:.

I will tell you, that silvery things tend to dull with Matte. I tried it on my first Raider’s Griff, and the silver just looked gray. πŸ™ So final coat he got gloss. But I was using bright silver…I’m not sure what colors you used exactly. I don’t know, but he sure is pretty! πŸ˜€

WindstoneCollector wrote:

I will tell you, that silvery things tend to dull with Matte. I tried it on my first Raider’s Griff, and the silver just looked gray. πŸ™ So final coat he got gloss. But I was using bright silver…I’m not sure what colors you used exactly. I don’t know, but he sure is pretty! πŸ˜€

o.o….ohh i didnt know that it tends to make silvery things more dull… he does have a thin coat of metallic platinum paint (>.>…not sure what the diff is between metallic platinum and silver paint… they both just look….. silver… lol)…hmmmm…i may have to reconsider if it means risking the loss of his shininess. thanks WC! πŸ˜€

No problem! πŸ˜‰

Anna
            Participant

aharttsx wrote:

StellarWing wrote:

lol i think that applies to like…. all windstones πŸ˜†

Ha, very true. Makes it a very accurate guess, then. πŸ˜›

Well…. just bought a can of Krylon Satin finish πŸ™‚ …hopefully this order actually gets here unlike the last 2 i order with supplies i wanted to use for my PYO T___T. hmmm…i think like all our mail is brought onto base by chopper.. intense heat + aerosol can = BOOM….BOOM + helicopter =….ummmmm…if anything happens, it wasn’t me o__o *hides*

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.