next tattoo!!

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion next tattoo!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    dragonmedley
    Participant

Oh, he’s doing a splendid job!

My friend introduced me to the spray-on suntan lotion. I lotioned the tattoo on my leg for the first 2 summers and 7 years later, it still looks brand new. However, slathering my back was going to be a problem, but she showed me the light! You can spray yourself from all angles. I highly recommend it.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

twindragonsmum
      Participant

Yowzer, wowzer, ow, ow, ow!!! That’ll be a stunner when it’s done! y’all are soooooo much braver than i am…*

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

LadyFirebird
        Participant

I keep coming back to this thread–considering getting a tattoo done–when, I’m not sure but it will be of a Firebird–haven’t figured out how I want it done yet. Also the care for the tattoo afterwards and to keep it from fading. So I’m sittingon the sidelines checking this all out. I do love your tattoo! It’s going to be awesome when it’s done! 8)

jackid55
          Participant

Xtharsa wrote:

Back tattoos usually fade due to over exposure to the sun…To avoid this put tons of lotion on (regular lotion first then sun tan lotion)

my Tattoos have not faded or bled at all in the 3 years I’ve had them.

ps: new tattoo artists often dont pierce the skin deep enough and go too shallow. This causes the tattoo to fade no matter what you do because you still shluff skin off frequently enough to shed the tattoo πŸ˜€

Or they go too deep and you get a bunch of scar tissue. πŸ™

jackid55
            Participant

I feel your pain. My last one took about five hours and I did it in one sitting. By the time she was done I was shaking. Of course I had to get one that hit all the sensitive spots below the knee. Top of the foot, ankle bone, achilles, and calf. It was so much fun I haven’t had it touched up yet. 8) Had it done in Hawaii and got to take an eight hour plane ride home the next day. Don’t recommend that. πŸ˜€

Here are some pics from a few days after it was done.

Dragon87 wrote:

That’s soo cool! I still need to get my next one done (which is based off of one of Nam’s drawings. I’m so excited). πŸ˜€

Where do you go to get yours done? The place I went to here moved there, but the artist I liked left long before that.

dragonmedley
              Participant

jackid55 wrote:

Oh, it’s gorgeous! Well worth it.

dragonmedley
                Participant

LadyFirebird wrote:

I keep coming back to this thread–considering getting a tattoo done–when, I’m not sure but it will be of a Firebird–haven’t figured out how I want it done yet. Also the care for the tattoo afterwards and to keep it from fading. So I’m sittingon the sidelines checking this all out. I do love your tattoo! It’s going to be awesome when it’s done! 8)

Well, first, find the design you REALLY love: once it’s there, it’s there! Same thing with the spot. While you can cover up a tattoo, you can’t really move it (unless you have vast amounts of money!). Then you find a good place, with experienced artists. If the tattoo is done well, then the aftercare isn’t difficult at all.

jackid55
                  Participant

dragonmedley wrote:

jackid55 wrote:

Thank you. πŸ˜€

jackid55 wrote:

dragonmedley wrote:

jackid55 wrote:

Thank you. πŸ˜€

That’s really pretty. I heard getting ink done on your feet is quite the painful experience. But then again it really is different for everyone. I’m going back to get more work done on Tuesday the 10th, I’m hoping he can finish it. But we’ll see I guess. Honestly though, when I went to get mine started it really was not all that painful. I was expecting it to be really painful on the spine and out towards the sides, but I actually found it to feel kinda cool. I almost dozed off several times. weird huh?
                    But i really can’t wait to go back to get more done, I’m impatient and i just really want it to be finished!!! πŸ˜†

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

LadyFirebird wrote:

Thanks! A Fire bird would be awesome! I’ve seen a lot of cool ones too. A friend of mine has asked me to draw up one for her shoulder, it’s taking me a while to do it but it’s a cool design I think. They just have soooo many colors and stuff!!!

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

jackid55
                    Participant

Quote:

That’s really pretty. I heard getting ink done on your feet is quite the painful experience. But then again it really is different for everyone. I’m going back to get more work done on Tuesday the 10th, I’m hoping he can finish it. But we’ll see I guess. Honestly though, when I went to get mine started it really was not all that painful. I was expecting it to be really painful on the spine and out towards the sides, but I actually found it to feel kinda cool. I almost dozed off several times. weird huh?
                      But i really can’t wait to go back to get more done, I’m impatient and i just really want it to be finished!!! πŸ˜†

Yeah, the top of the foot was probably the worst part. When I had my back done it wasn’t that bad. The skin kinda goes numb after awhile. The only part that really hurt was when he went along my shoulder blade. Good luck with the next visit, and post more pics!

Okay, got another session done today! It still isn’t finished yet, but darn close. I’m going back next week for the final session, not much left at all!! I’ll post pics later tonight after the man gets home…

jackid55
                      Participant

I’m excited to see what it looks like! Was this session better or worse than the last?

Better actually. It was all shading this time around, and that part really doesn’t bother me at all. I think the reason it was more uncomfortable last time was because of the outlining…that bothered me a bunch. It was only a little painful where the head is when he was working on the hair. other wise, not bad at all…I was actually falling asleep at one point and then a friend of mine stopped in to see how I was doing and kinda woke me up. πŸ˜† honestly, i find tattooing to be quite relaxing for some reason (call me weird if you want), but it’s cool, this guy is awesome, he does amazing work, we can talk about anything, and they have good music playing. my kind of joint πŸ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.