next tattoo!!

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion next tattoo!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

I’m finally getting another one! This is one I drew up a few months ago. I get to suffer all day tomorrow, but it’ll be well worth it I think!

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, white kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, white kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard

That’s soo cool! I still need to get my next one done (which is based off of one of Nam’s drawings. I’m so excited). ๐Ÿ˜€

Stephanie
    Participant

COOL! Love the wings!!! Looks like it might hurt a tad. How big is it going to be?

dragonmedley
      Participant

Where is it going?

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Lokie
        Participant

Very cool. Do we get to see a photo after it’s done?

Maria
          Participant

Yes, please post a photo! I really like the swirl of the wings.

It’s going to take up most of my back. I figure the wing tips will come up over my shoulders a bit. I’m sure it’s going to hurt lots! I’ll post pics of it tonight sometime, assuming I can sit through the whole thing today!

lamortefille
            Participant

Very cool….yes, please post pix!

Pegasi1978
              Participant

I can only imagine how long that is going to take just based on my husband’s tattoo. It took nearly 6 hours the first time he had it done. Took even longer to touch it up two years later. Hopefully your skin takes the pigmentation better than my husband’s. His washwork dragons had to be changed because the guy who was doing the touch up couldn’t make them out (and we didn’t have a good close up of them…or a copy of the flash). Here’s the left shoulder and the right shoulder.

dragonmedley
                Participant

Mine took just over 2 hours and it was on the full back. The design was quite simple, though, and with no “fillers”. The most painful place was not along the spine as you’d expect, but on the lower part of the dorsal muscle, close to where the kidneys are. I had to clench those muscles really tightly in order to avoid moving.

Yours will take longer for sure, what with all that detail!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

ah, well just got done with session number one. I’ve been in that place from 1030 this morning and I’m just now getting home. still has a lot left to do. so far just got the basic outline done, the right wing and part of the left wing. we had to stop due to his hand bothering him, apparently he has arthritis in that hand that acts up after long sessions. so I’ll be back to see him in about 1 week for more if not the rest.
                  in the meantime, I’ll be going through a lot of A&D ointment!! ๐Ÿ˜†

NirvanaCat13
                  Participant

the dragon collector wrote:

ah, well just got done with session number one. I’ve been in that place from 1030 this morning and I’m just now getting home. still has a lot left to do. so far just got the basic outline done, the right wing and part of the left wing. we had to stop due to his hand bothering him, apparently he has arthritis in that hand that acts up after long sessions. so I’ll be back to see him in about 1 week for more if not the rest.
                    in the meantime, I’ll be going through a lot of A&D ointment!! ๐Ÿ˜†

IS YOUR FRIEND! Be sure to get the blue bottle Fragrance Free!

I just picked up a bottle of that lotion! I guess I’ll start to use it after I run out of the A&D stuff. Anyways, here’s what I’ve got done so far. I really like the traditional tattoo shading look he’s done on it. makes it pop out more I think. It just stinks that he couldn’t finish the left wing, but oh well. I’m loving it so far.

Xtharsa
                    Participant

Back tattoos usually fade due to over exposure to the sun…To avoid this put tons of lotion on (regular lotion first then sun tan lotion)

my Tattoos have not faded or bled at all in the 3 years I’ve had them.

ps: new tattoo artists often dont pierce the skin deep enough and go too shallow. This causes the tattoo to fade no matter what you do because you still shluff skin off frequently enough to shed the tattoo ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.