fbpx

Next PYO swap

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps Next PYO swap

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Scathach
    Participant

That is a good point Hannah. I was thinking about painting for other people, but not so much about the receiving part. That would be a possibility. If there was a theme someone didn’t care for. they might not sign up based on the theme.

That’s a risk… but a theme might also inspire someone who wouldn’t enter otherwise!

As a pretty new painter, I’d be more interested in participating in a swap with a theme than one without. I also think it would be wonderful to see the various interpretations of that theme are presented by all the artists here on what would constitute a tuxedo.

I’ve seen this done before in the art and fashion fields and the results are astonishing.

Life is beautiful.

Kujacker
      Participant

Not even sure that I’d be able to do the next swap, but I’d say unless a theme is something that *I* am personally interested in, having a set theme would be a drawback for me in entering a swap. The reason being that if a theme doesn’t interest me, I likely wouldn’t want a piece painted in that theme! In the open swaps, at least we can specify the type of themes that we want and have some control over what we get. I’ve never been a big fan of limiting artistic ideas though 🙁 Hope I’m not being too down on this – just wanted to voice what my brains were telling me 😉

This. So much.

First, no thank you on “tuxedo”. Black and white? So every swap piece would be black and white. No go for me. IF a theme was chosen, it would need to be much broader.

That being said, I likely would not enter a theme swap. I’ve never missed a swap but I just don’t have the same interests most other people do… so if I won’t get a piece that I personally really want, why, for lack of better words, waste the time, money and effort?

I really love the swaps (more so now that they are the only windstones I get anymore) but to me, there is no point doing it if the piece I get doesn’t “tickle my fancy”.

Sirithiliel
        Participant

I’m not sure I’m going to enter PYO swaps anymore, but if I did, I’d say either a broad theme or none at all, but that’s just me =)

Mmloda
          Participant

I can’t vote…it’s still not working!

Marzena

dragonmedley
            Participant

I can’t seem to be able to fix it. You can post your vote in a reply.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Bodine
              Participant

I can’t seem to be able to fix it. You can post your vote in a reply.

Would the “tux”have to be black w/white? I will enter it anyway.I love swaps. 🙂

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

dragonmedley
                Participant

Would the “tux”have to be black w/white? I will enter it anyway.I love swaps. 🙂

No. Who says tuxedo has to be black and white? It’s one of these things that can be interpreted differently.

Zloy720
                  Participant

I’m up to try anything once to see how it goes. I agree getting a theme set in advance doesn’t limit what I would come up with to paint anymore than when a swapee chooses the theme.

I could see why people wouldn’t enter if a theme didn’t appeal as the recipient, but our forum members are so unique & talented that I think people will be surprised at how unique all the pieces still turn out to be.

Already folks have provided interpretations of tuxedo that never would have occured to me. I think if a swapee can maybe still be allowed to provide input on their preferred color scheme & sculpt if they have one to help guide the painter to doing the theme in a way that is more to their taste, that would be more than adequate dont you think?

Can’t you just see someone painting like mmloda say, who always asks for an orange tiger pattern/color, say a foo mom as a glammed up tiger or the tiger coloring but combined w cat tux pattern? 😉 so many possibilities…

Zloy720
                    Participant

Oh, and for those that like crazy colors…70s disco era suits anyone? 😀

Mmloda
                      Participant

My vote is four choosing your own theme! But that’s just me, either way I still love participating in the PYO swaps, I always have a blast.

Marzena

Erika
                        Participant

What if it were a broader theme like ‘fish’ or ‘birds’ ? I think I’d be more inclined to join in, since that gives a lot of play between ‘do the theme’ and ‘request what you like’

Scathach
                          Participant

Do we know if there will be a swap, regardless of theme?

Life is beautiful.

dragonmedley
                            Participant

Do we know if there will be a swap, regardless of theme?

Yes!

Falcolf
                              Participant

I think tuxedo is pretty broad, I mean, you can go really crazy with it. I think the only real guideline would be white markings; the rest of it’s pretty open to interpretation. You could have a green zebra striped tuxedo dragon or a rainbow tuxedo unicorn… or something more realistic, like a seal point siamese pattern with tuxedo markings. Heck, you could have fish scaled tuxedo!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Zloy720
                                Participant

I vote we just push forward with the swap having a set theme & see how it goes. Then reconvene after on if participants enjoyed or had different issues, more or less than the usual swap set up.

I just want to start the next swap! Loving these so far & can’t wait for the next one! ….so excited, bouncing in place. Sure my cats think I’m bonkers & up the kitty tree with a bucket o catnip…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.