Next PYO swap

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps Next PYO swap

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    dragonmedley
    Participant

Hi folks!

I’m planning the next swap for September. Grayfire had a great idea, to do tuxedo foo pups. However, I’m going to push this a bit further and rather than limiting the sculpt, I think it would be nice to have an assigned theme.

What does it mean? That your person would ask for a specific sculpt and eye color, but the scheme would be the same for everyone.

I figure that if we do two swaps each year, one could be open, and the other, with a scheme theme. I would take suggestions on a few themes, then we’d vote.

However, for this first one, to honor the one who sparked this, the theme would already be assigned.

So, what I want to know is if you’d like to do this! Please vote yea or nea for the theme 🙂

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

I like the idea a lot, I do think having a tuxedo is rather limited though. Maybe themes like “space, fire, summer, fall” to give a broader assortment of variations. Maybe instead of “tuxedo” we could do “domestic cat” That leaves room for say a siamese theme, or a tabby, calico, etc. Just a thought, but it does sound fun!

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Ok I am sure this is an ubber dumb question but……. Tuxedo theme??? As in black and white monkey suit or is this a cat type?? I am soooo not a cat person so sorry if this is a really idiotic ?

Ciarnet
        Participant

Or by Tuxedo do you mean a Putting on the Ritz type theme? Glitz, glamor, sparkle and flash so to speak? I think a theme could be quite a bit of fun.

Falcolf
          Participant

I agree with drag0n! 😀 I like the idea of a theme being more broad though personally to me tuxedo doesn’t necessarily mean black and white (I am thinking cat) but could just be tuxedo markings? (Like, orange tabby with tuxedo markings or red husky with tuxedo markings?) I don’t know. I probably won’t be able to participate, but I can’t say yea or nea about my ability to until we’re closer to the day! 🙂

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Tara
            Participant

I like the idea a lot, I do think having a tuxedo is rather limited though. Maybe themes like “space, fire, summer, fall” to give a broader assortment of variations. Maybe instead of “tuxedo” we could do “domestic cat” That leaves room for say a siamese theme, or a tabby, calico, etc. Just a thought, but it does sound fun!

I like the idea of a theme though I like any of these themes better than just tuxedo. When I try and picture tuxedo all I see a man in a black and white suit. If I were voting on a theme I’d go with something colorful.

(BTW your poll isn’t working for me)

Kim
              Blocked

I am also confused by what a tuxedo theme would be. I like the idea of a broader themed swap too with a choice of different sculpts and colours, like spring or summer or one of the above mentioned.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

dragonmedley
                Participant

Darn poll doesn’t work either on my iPad…

The questions were:
                  I want a tuxedo theme
                  I want an open theme (so no assigned theme)

Now, just from reading the responses, tuxedo yielded several ideas! From cat markings to black and white suits to sparkles… I didn’t really specify, right? Originally, it was probably meant as the cat markings in black and white, but as Drag0n said that’s too limiting, hence why I just left it as “tuxedo” on its own. Ready to think outside the box? One could argue that fire would be just as limiting.

Anywho, let’s proceed with the voting, either as a response or on the poll (if I can eventually get access to it via my PC), and if the assigned theme really turns everyone off, we’ll find another one.

I would just like to point out that I always ask for the same colors for swaps: black and/or white and/or grey. It might seem limiting, yet I haven’t received a piece that remotely looks like any of the others. I think we could make any theme work if we get creative – like “chair”, for example, or “candle” (I’m exaggerating, but you get the drift).

Bodine
                  Participant

I’m up for trying anything! 🙂

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                    (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                    Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

dragonmedley
                    Participant

Does the poll work now for anyone? :~

Tara
                      Participant

Still not working for me.

Nicole
                        Participant

The poll doesn’t work for me at all, sadly. Gonna chime in re. tuxedo, though, and say that you could take it to mean something like a ‘black tie’ event, right? so then you wouldn’t be limited to black and white, but any kind of fancy evening wear. A ‘couture’ theme, if you will.

If I could do the tuxedo black and white theme on a ki-rin I have a killer idea!! 🙂

Kim
                          Blocked

I would say an open theme or other kind of theme. What if we each came up with ideas for themes and saw what was the most popular?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

I guess fire could have been limiting, I didn’t mean to be rude if I sounded that way by suggesting other ideas. I was just naming off random things that popped in my head, my apologies. I guess I didn’t fully understand the question.

Got a busted Windstone?
                              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin
                              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 75 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.