fbpx

Next gift swap discussion & suggestions

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps Next gift swap discussion & suggestions

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Crimson Vision
    Participant

Hey everyone!

So I’ve had a few people PM me with suggestions & requests on the next gift swap. It started out with the suggestion of a Valentines swap & a few people suggested Easter to give people more time to recover $$-wise from the holidays. I was thinking maybe we have a ‘Spring Swap’ and do it in the middle of March? That way we can give people a little more time and make March a little more exciting for all!

Thoughts?

Also, I think I put forth a pretty thorough list of questions for the Holiday swap; should we change or add any? I will make sure that no one gets the same person they did in the Holiday swap but I wanted to see if anyone thought we should edit it at all.

Ok, what do you think?

Crimson Vision
      Participant

i think a spring swap would be great! i wanted to be in on this past one, but didn’t think about it in time.

Rachel
        Participant

I agree with Daydreamer!

LadyFirebird
          Participant

You know, a Spring Swap sounds like a good idea. It helps for people to ‘recover’ and if they don’t celebrate
            Valentine’s or Easter this would be ideal. The questions you did for the Christmas swap are okay–pretty much covers everything. These are so much fun and it’s amazing what you can get for $25 or so! Seems like everyone who got their presents are pleased and–we won’t be battling the holiday mail and bad weather!

machineguts
            Participant

Ditto, I’m for a Spring Swap! πŸ˜€

Melissa
              Participant

That sounds great! Totally missed the Christmas swap, I have an ironic bad habit of ignoring stickied threads…

Sounds like an excellent time to do it, with a good deal of recovery time from Christmas festivities and such.

The list I saw seems excellent. Two things that might be nice are…
                A section that inquires as to preferences for handmade arts and crafts,
                In the music section, an inquiry as to favorite artists

Then perhaps a double section like…
                Luxury Items you already have too many of:
                Luxury Items you can always use more of:
                Practical Things you already have too many of:
                Practical Things you can always use more of:

But it’s hard to say… It seems perfectly good as-is, and adding too much would make it awkwardly long. So it’s up to you guys.

machineguts
                Participant

I liked it as is, but I won’t mind if more questions are added. πŸ™‚

I wanna be in it this time too, Spring sounds great!

I’d definitely love to participate for this one too! Great idea! πŸ˜€

Leigha
                  Participant

I’ll definately be in this one too πŸ™‚

Bob

Winter Spring Summer and Fall??

Melissa
                      Participant

Summer would be especially nice, there’s no major holidays then! (Well, July 4th, but it’s otherwise alone.) πŸ˜•

Katherine
                        Participant

I look forward to a Spring Swap!!

I too look forward to a spring swap…. πŸ˜€

Haven’t even recieved my stuff from the Winter swap and I’m excited already! πŸ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.