New Website Change Log

Home Forums Windstone Editions Announcements New Website Change Log

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Clay
    Keymaster

This thread is a place for Windstone staff and administrators to announce changes to the website.

Clay
      Keymaster

ADDED: Links for the Private Messages module.

On your Profile page (click MY ACCOUNT) you will see links at the upper right for writing a new message and for viewing your messages.

Also, the masterful and gracious Shaun (aka Snapdragon) has made accessible an archive of PMs from the old forum, so that you can view your old messages. The archive is read-only. To access it, go to windstoneeditions.info. We hope to have messages migrated to the new site soon. You can also grab your old avatar from there and then upload it to the new site if you don’t want to wait for the (probable) avatar migration.

Clay
        Keymaster

ADDED: Forum User List and Gallery User List.

You’ll find links to these in the main navigation, under COMMUNITY.

As stated at the top of each list, these lists contain users who have posted an image (or a forum topic). They do not include users who have only posted comments. We may look into the possibility of combining these lists, or of including “comment posters,” but both of those things are a bit tricky. Let me know how this setup works for you.

Clay
          Keymaster

CHANGED: Font size of the main body text.

I bumped it up to 14px and increased the line height. I think it will be more readable now.

Clay
            Keymaster

ADDED: Thumbnails in Store Homepage Slideshow

Several users have requested the ability to see, at a glance, what’s new in the store. You can now hover over the thumbnails to see everything more quickly or to skip some items. Hopefully this will address everyone’s needs.

Clay
              Keymaster

ADDED: Quote module

This is something that a number of users have been pining for. It’s pretty self-explanatory, but let me know if you have any questions or problems.

Hannah
                Participant

Clay – not sure if you are aware, but in Internet Explorer, the thumbnails do not look right. They are showing vertically instead of horizontally, and as a result you can only see the first thumbnail, the rest are hidden underneath the images below.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                  Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

bayoudragon
                  Participant

Thank you, Clay! We may be whiny, but we definitely appreciate all the work! ๐Ÿ™‚

Adaneth
                    Participant

Clay – not sure if you are aware, but in Internet Explorer, the thumbnails do not look right. They are showing vertically instead of horizontally, and as a result you can only see the first thumbnail, the rest are hidden underneath the images below.

I reported this in the ‘Help’ Forum and what I’ve found is that refreshing (at least with Internet Explorer) seems to help this. I don’t know if it’s related to monitor resolution as well…

Hannah
                      Participant

Aha! Thanks for the tip Adaneth ๐Ÿ™‚

etruscan
                        Participant

Thanks! I found them, but the Private Message links are at the upper left on my page.

EDIT – they are now on the right, as advertised. ๐Ÿ™‚

Clay
                          Keymaster

ADDED: New Private Message email notification

By default, you will be notified of new private messages by email. If you don’t want to be notified by email, you can toggle this feature off by going to your user profile page (MY ACCOUNT), clicking the EDIT tab, and scrolling to the bottom of that page, where you will see a checkbox for email notification.

Cynthia
                            Participant

Is anyone able to see the top row of the recent addtions to the PYO gallery? I have not been able to see it or my own photos since the change. I’ve tried several different computers and ISPs but get the same problems. I really would like to see some of these and post update on my piece for the Wild Animal Sanctuary but can’t. All I get is a title and an ‘x’ but no picture – not even a cropped one. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Hannah
                              Participant

Is anyone able to see the top row of the recent addtions to the PYO gallery? I have not been able to see it or my own photos since the change. I’ve tried several different computers and ISPs but get the same problems. I really would like to see some of these and post update on my piece for the Wild Animal Sanctuary but can’t. All I get is a title and an ‘x’ but no picture – not even a cropped one. Thanks for any help you can give me.

They haven’t told us if/when these will get fixed – I think Pam was going to work on some of the images last weekend but otherwise I’m not sure what’s going on.

I still don’t have a gallery at all anymore and I’m still wondering if I should try making a new one or not :/

Jennifer
                                Keymaster

3/14/2011 — It is a known problem that new forum topics are not showing up. I have reported this to Clay… please bear with us!

If you made a new forum topic and it did not show up, please wait till this is fixed. If after this problem is fixed, your post still does not show up, go to “My Account” -> “Track” and it should be listed there. You can then copy-paste it and re-post it to a new topic.

As of 11:20am EST This has not been fixed….
                                  Edit: This seems to be fixed now!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                                  My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.