fbpx

New website

Home Forums Windstone Editions Announcements New website

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Pam

Another tip:
      Right now the only way to quote someone is to manually copy/paste their post into your reply box, then wrap it with a blockquote tag, like so:

[blockquote] quote here [/blockquote]

To post an image, use [img src=””] and put the image url between the quotation marks.

In both example, replace the [ and ] with .

Pam

Photobucket provides html code for inserting your images. They also provide the direct link, bb code, etc. You want either the html code or the direct link.

On the first page (if you are viewing 30 replies per page) I wrote instructions on adding an image. There are also instructions in Jen’s “about the new forum” thread.

WolfenMachine
        Participant

Or instead of quoting that person, you can reply directly to their message, like Im doing now 🙂 In the old forum, my message would have appeared at the bottom of the thread, but with the new one, you can pick and choose which posts to reply to.

machineguts
          Participant

The new site is looking great!

Pam

Or instead of quoting that person, you can reply directly to their message, like Im doing now Smile In the old forum, my message would have appeared at the bottom of the thread, but with the new one, you can pick and choose which posts to reply to.

Your message does appear at the bottom of the thread for me because I am using the format “flat list expanded”. Anyone using flat list expanded/collapsed or threaded list expanded cant see who you are replying to without a quotation.

Pam

test post

Pam

test post #2

Pam

I wanted to post this where more people might see it.
                    At the bottom of the page (when looking at a thread) you can customize how you view threads.

Flat list collapsed – A list of all replies by post date, actual reply content not shown. No staggering.

Flat list expanded – Probably what everyone will prefer to use as it’s what the old forum was like. All replies (with content shown/expanded) are displayed in a list by post date. No staggering.

Threaded list collapsed – Just like flat list collapsed, but the replies are arranged based on what reply you replied to.

Threaded list expanded – The default setting. Theoretically this should be just like threaded list collapsed but without collapsed posts. It appears to be broken though because replying to a post further up still puts my reply at the bottom of the thread, instead of after the reply I replied to. EDIT: This setting seems to be working now–if I reply to a post in this setting my reply now appears after that post I replied to and not always at the bottom of the thread.

You can also change how many replies are shown per page.

Jasmine
                    Participant

Only problem I don’t like is that I hit the “marked all topics read” yesterday on the happy thoughts and now it isn’t showing that any forum has new posts at all. Only if I go in individually to each “folder” do I see that a thread has a new post in it. Or I have to check the date of the last post datestamp on the right hand side.

Oh, and I love the fact that you can go directly to the last post via the little button but can we put a “back to top” button at the end of a thread??

twindragonsmum
                      Participant

thankies!

twindragonsmum

tdm

Syn
                        Participant

It looks like everyone will have to put their avatars in again; they evidently will not migrate automatically.

Syn
                          Participant

It looks like everyone will have to put their avatars in again; they evidently will not migrate automatically.

Go to My Account at the top of the page, choose Edit, and then enter your avatar under Picture.

Syn
                            Participant

I also just discovered that editing a comment resulted in a second entry rather than editing the first entry.

Uh oh! For those of you who ended up with more than one username and just corrected it: My messages have DISAPPEARED!

Jennifer
                              Keymaster

I made an announcement about this, but this is a known bug. Clay is working on migrating them.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                                My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
                                Keymaster

Uh oh! For those of you who ended up with more than one username and just corrected it: My messages have DISAPPEARED!

Do you mean your Private Messages? No one has their old ones anymore. Clay is going to see if he can migrate them but there is a chance they might be gone. We don’t know yet.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                                  My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 81 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.