fbpx

New website

Home Forums Windstone Editions Announcements New website

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Melody
    Keymaster

I have removed the new website link because it really wasn’t quite ready to be looked at yet. This was just a test to see how it displayed, it still needs tweaking before it is ready for further showing-off. Thanks for the feedback, all! 😀 I’ll let you know when it is online again.

Melody
      Keymaster

Melody
        Keymaster

YAY!!!

Jennifer
          Keymaster

Testing testing?

I think some of our posts are getting eaten as bugs are getting fixed “on the fly”, no pun intended.

Everyone:
            Bugs and problems are being fixed currently, as the site has just gone live a few hours ago.
            Temporarily hold off on your bug reports until Clay can work on the ones we know about. Things might be spotty for a little bit here.

Till then have a read: http://www.windstoneeditions.com/about-this-site

And explore the rest of the site! 🙂

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
            Keymaster

Oh! Also. I know you guys are probably already finding things you miss from the old forum or hate about this one (it’s natural!). Please forgive our dust and let us get the forum working properly, then I will open a thread for everyone to post their feedback and suggestions. If possible, we will work on implementing your suggestions at that time. Thanks for your patience!!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Anonymous

Where is the PM system hiding?

Pam

I see an icon under your name to PM you, but I haven’t found the PM central yet.

EDIT: This might be it
                  https://www.windstoneeditions.com/messages

But it looks like all my old PMs are gone.

I got to that page by clicking the PM button under someones name, then clicking ‘messages’ in the resulting breadcrumb nav (upper right corner).

I sent you a test PM. Can you see it anywhere?

Anonymous

Your message came through, but no I don’t see anywhere to find old messages either. I imagine that part must still be in the works.

Pam

Another tip, for firefox users:
                      I was having a problem with text being too small on the new site. I dont want to change my entire screen res just for one site or have to zoom the text in every time I came here, so I installed a ff add-on called NoSquint. It lets me permanently zoom the text on just the Windstone site.

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

New Threads can’t seem to be posted quite yet either. I miss our old sandbox already, LOL!

I’m sure we will all et used to it over time.

So far the only complaint I have is that the overall boldness of some of the fonts should be a little more noticable here and there. Everything seems so congested and smashed together. It’s hard to tell where things break apart and new areas get started…. if that makes sense….

I have awful eyes anyway though >_<

Again, it will just take getting used to. it's a work in progress I'm sure, but so far it looks lovely!

Got a busted Windstone?
                        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin
                        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Pam

“So far the only complaint I have is that the overall boldness of some of the fonts should be a little more noticable here and there. Everything seems so congested and smashed together. It’s hard to tell where things break apart and new areas get started…. if that makes sense….”

Same here. I dont think the font helps. The letters seem really squished together.

Anonymous

I cannot change my password or edit my user name. I edited my user name before we went to the Sandbox version, but it has been switched back. Is anyone else having similar problems?

Yay, NO SQUINT here I come; thanks, Pam.

I have the same complaints as Drag0n. I upped the settings on my Brightness, Contrast, and Backlighting and still find this site very hard to read; then I go to a non-Windstone site and am blinded by my bright screen. Everything does look squished together too.

Do you know if any of these concerns are already being addressed, or are these things that will need to be put in a problem/complaint thread later on?

Pam

Just as a forewarning if you are installing NoSquint, its default setting is to make all images and text 20% bigger on all sites. This confused me at first because I didn’t realize it would zoom anything until I tweaked it. You can change the default if you dont want every single website zoomed in.

dragonmedley
                              Participant

I tried to post a new thread too, but it never made it…

The thing I miss the most? The View new posts function.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

kitsunelady
                                Participant

Hmm. Is it just me, or is the whole thing kinda squished into the middle of the screen? I guess the maximum size for forum pictures has changed b/c of this? Since a lot of the old ones are cut off at the edge for me. Or is there some way to adjust that? o.o Er, I’m using Firefox, if that’s the reason…

Edit : I just realized no one has avatars. Is that permanent? Or am I just not on the right settings?

Oh, and I think the store looks really pretty, btw. <3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 81 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.