fbpx

New Neighbors

Home Forums Miscellany Community New Neighbors

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Elena
    Participant

Elena
      Participant

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/179/e/c/New_Neighbor_by_ladyleyn.jpg

So we have a new neighbor. Knew there was a nest on the crabapple tree but hadn’t seen any birds on it so thought it had been abandoned. Nope. We have Robins. I think this is the male and caught him yesterday.

The nest is only about 6 or 7 feet off the ground, I don;t worry about predators though, we have a black lab cross that keeps just about everything out of the yard. Though things could get interesting if there are babies and they leave the nest to hop around in the grass.

Jasmine
        Participant

Aw, cute!! Will definitely need pics when the babies come. πŸ˜€

LadyFirebird
          Participant

Love your new neighbors! Now I wouldn’t mind having neighbors like that all the way around me! πŸ˜€

darjeb
            Participant

Great Neighbors

twindragonsmum
              Participant

How fun for you! One of the things me boyohs loved about Soda Springs was all the bird watching – most had nests that were near one of the windows in the house, so we had a prime view without disturbing ‘anyone’ πŸ˜€ We’re plotting what we’re going to plant at the new house to encourage new feathered friends to move into the neighborhood, preferably where we can watch without causing ’em too much stress πŸ˜€ Looking forward to seeing more pix!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.