fbpx

New Moon trailer

Home Forums Miscellany Community New Moon trailer

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Laurie
    Participant

Laurie
      Participant

Has anyone seen the trailer for the Twilight sequel New Moon? I’m a little disappointed in the wolf animation that they show. I guess I’m way too picky when it comes to werewolves in movies (yes I know they are not real werewolves). Also if the scene they show where Jacob transforms is Bella’s encounter with Laurent then why is it infront of Jacobs house and not Edwards meadow? I will be disappointed if they changed that part of the story since I thought it was a very good part of the book. For those of you who haven’t seen the trailer here is the link….
        http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=58185785

The transformation does look a little fake there. But it’s altogether not bad (since Jacob is supposed to be a dude that becomes a wolf, not an actual werewolf. I got confused for a bit there)… I’m going to see the movie, bad or good. I watched the first one, so now I’m almost obligated to watch the rest (it’s a thing I do. No matter HOW bad it is… ๐Ÿ™„

Laurie
        Participant

I thought the first movie was ok. I was sick of the puppy dog eyes all through it but otherwise it wasn’t bad. I think the wolf in that trailer looks too cartoonie (lol how do you spell that) to me. In the book they talk about people seeing the wolves but not being sure what they were. I figured they would make them look somewhat different then a regular wolf in giant form. The two guys who were in the camping store talking about the giant animal they saw couldn’t tell if it was a bear or what. I would think two men who camp as much as they have would be able to say “OMG did you see that giant wolf”. I mean the wolf in the trailer looks just like a wolf and I don’t see how anyone could mistake it for anything else.

Maybe it’s dark? ๐Ÿ˜† And dey wuz wearing their shades…. 8)

Leigha
          Participant

I wasn’t impressed with Twilight the movie :negative: and the trailer for New Moon doesn’t give me any hope for that movie either (although Jacob (Taylor) is a SUPER hottie *melts* Team Jacob!). I was disappointed with the wolf animation as well.

I am a die hard Twilight the books fan though *squeals* so I’ll go see the movies regardless of how crappy they are.

I read them, even though they never got “good”, I understand why she wrote them for kids, that is the level of her writing, but I find it disturbing that the concepts in them were geared for little girls, pedophilia and whatnot. Personally if I ever had a daughter and she acted like Belle I would consider myself a failure.

The first movie was abysmal I will watch the second because they did have a much higher budget perhaps they can make it good.

Skigod377
            Participant

I love the books and am also dissapointed that they strayed from the story a bit on that part. Not that it will stop me from seeing it. Im hooked. Totally. I think the wolf should have been MUCH bigger, since the book has him looking DOWN on people and that is gonna be hard to capture (if they do the rest of the movies) with a regular sized wolf. Im interested to see what they do with the rest of the story, but I am stoked to go see it. C’MON September!!

Ruffian, what do you mean pedophillia??? How so?

Bella is 17 and about to graduate High School. Nothing I saw in the book was was bad enough to say that her parents were failures. Heck, I was in the Army when I was 17. Full grown (as much as any 17 year old is) and making my own descisions. That couple didnt even have sex till after they were married and even then it was edited. I just want to see it from another view point since I have read all the books repeatedly and never got anything bad out of them.

Leigha
              Participant

Pedophilia? O_o whaaa….?

are you thinking of the “imprinting”?

that’s the only part of the series that seems like it could be taken that way.

Ya that is disturbing, when you think about children reading them, which they were geared for.

Bella is a simpering little twit whos whole life is “edward”, an overly controlling jackass. Bits about getting hit by ones significant other while in a fit (the shapeshifting) being ok as long as he shows remorse. If find the subjects a little too much for young girls to read, JMO. The way Bella reacts in New Moon to edwards leaving is completely unhealthy, as is him controling who she see, going so far as having Alice kidnap her to keep her from Jacob. For adults I dont have a problem, but I think that the 11-15 year old girls, that the books were originally marketed for, would, and have (if you look at the crazy videos), taken them way to seriously.

Ski I understand what you are saying about the sex after marriage bit, and her being 17, but the girls the books were written for are 11-15, generally a very impressionable and difficult time for them. Personally I would not let my child, this includes Alex, read them until they were older, and I find it disturbing that my 11 year old niece is reading them.

Skigod377
                Participant

Ah, ok. I suppose I can understand a little, though I dont agree. ๐Ÿ™‚ The book made it clear that imprinting was not like that, but being questionable in the first place I suppose can raise some eyebrows.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.