fbpx

New Member of my Family

Home Forums Miscellany Community New Member of my Family

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Jodi
    Participant

OK. I changed Ghost’s water and cleaned his tank. He is swimming around happily now. I have the filter working, and there is no foam developing. I guess it was just a dirty tank. Yay!

purpledragonclaw
      Participant

Glad you got it fixed! I love hearing everyone’s fish stories!

emerald212 wrote:

So, Dragon87, have you got a beta yet? Now that you have the tank, etc.

I don’t HAVE the tank yet πŸ˜†

I will have it tonight, I got to pick it up first. My friend bought it from his mother for me (so his brother wouldn’t) and I just have to pick up the stuff and pay him back.

Then I can worry about getting the fish (and food, and water conditioner, and a lid I think)

I’ll post pictures when I get him πŸ˜€

Jodi
        Participant

Dragon87 wrote:

emerald212 wrote:

So, Dragon87, have you got a beta yet? Now that you have the tank, etc.

I don’t HAVE the tank yet πŸ˜†

I will have it tonight, I got to pick it up first. My friend bought it from his mother for me (so his brother wouldn’t) and I just have to pick up the stuff and pay him back.

Then I can worry about getting the fish (and food, and water conditioner, and a lid I think)

I’ll post pictures when I get him πŸ˜€

I’m looking forward to seeing him. πŸ˜€

Ok now I have to clean the thing, there was enough calcium on that tank that it was opaque. That and the filter has a strong flow (it’s a waterfall filter) I don’t think I have the parts to the other one (I got 4 in this deal, 2 of one, 2 of the other), so I may need a new filter.

Otherwise I got rocks, a 3 gallon tank, a lid that’s too big, 4 filters, 3 air pumps, a heater (yay if it works), and a few small plastic plants. And some water conditioner. There’s probably more.

Not bad for $20. She made me take everything, but I did turn down the goldfish food. I suppose I could have given it to my parents, but I just thought of that as I was typing this πŸ˜†

So on my to-buy list: a thermometer, a low-flow filter (if it takes activated charcoal I’ve got lots), some plants, fish food and the fish itself.

edited to say everything except the fish is bought! I need to cure the tank though, so tomorrow or the day after I should have some good pictures of the new little guy!

Got the fishie!

This is Kouta, aka Mr.WTF. He was doing the whole WTF thing all the way back from the petstore (it was my fiancee’s nickname, not mine).

lamortefille
          Participant

Beautiful!

purpledragonclaw
            Participant

What a lovely fish! Hopefully he’ll lose that WTF nickname, or eventually the letters will come to mean something else! πŸ˜†

Jodi
              Participant

Oh, what a beauty! Congrats!

Jasmine
                Participant

All the fishies posted have been so pretty!! πŸ˜†

Amanda
                  Participant

What a cutie, congrats! I like seeing everyones fishies!

I got a new camera (on loan until my dad goes on holidays, then I don’t get it till Christmas, lucky me πŸ™‚ ) … guess who I’ve been bugging? And they aren’t people… haha Kimi and Kouta both seem to hate the flash. πŸ˜† (Kimi’s my cat)

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.