fbpx

New Job!!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community New Job!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    twindragonsmum
    Participant

I have a new job – the first since before me boyohs were born… I’m now a Scenic Painter for the SCERA Theatre in Orem! First production of the summer season opened last night – Les Miserable and we were painting almost up to curtain. We’re on an outdoor stage and it was so hot this week that the paint that was applied to the stage floor was literally boiling – had to go back over spots where steam exploded through the painted surface and removed the paint with it :bigsmile: Any way, I’m having loads of fun, get tickets for productions and get paid for my time! Sun burned like crazy, my feet are killing me and I have muscles that are yelling at me ’cause they haven’t been used recently but I’m having a blast!!!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Woot woot! Congrats TDM, that is so awesome and it sounds like you are feeling so much better and this job is bringing something so positive to your life. Sooo happy for you!

Falcolf
      Participant

Congratulations TDM, good luck! πŸ˜€ Sounds like a pretty fun and rewarding job!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Adaneth
        Participant

Congrats, that’s wonderful! πŸ˜€

Prezaurian
          Participant

Congrats! I hope you continue to enjoy the work! πŸ™‚

Melody
            Keymaster

That’s fantastic!!

Mercury Star
              Participant

Congratulations, TDM! Have lots of fun!

I have wanted to do a job like that… the theater house I was going to apply to closed down though. πŸ™

Melissa
                Participant

Wages, workout and fun? That sounds totally awesome. I’m happy that you’re having a great time. πŸ™‚

Sun burned like crazy, my feet are killing me and I have muscles that are yelling at me ’cause they haven’t been used recently but I’m having a blast!!!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

Get a nice straw hat ya silly billy! Oh and great insoles for the shoes can make a cheap pair feel like a hundred dollar pair.

~Hoofer

P.S. Congrats, it’s nice having some cash flow.

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

Wonderful!

Lokie
                    Participant

Awesome, Congrats! Enjoy all that Vitamin D =)

Featherwurm
                      Participant

Oh man awesome! I’m envious, I’d love to be back in theater again, ah well, sounds like this is a good gig!

LadyFirebird
                        Participant

Woo Hoo! Congratulations! Hope all works out well for you–sounds like it.

twindragonsmum
                          Participant

Thankies all! We’ve had some great reviews in the paper and face to face comments are even better πŸ˜€ Set strike is Saturday night and next up is 7 Brides for 7 Brothers – been painting cabins blue and shingles green… πŸ˜€

tdm πŸ™‚

tdm

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.