fbpx

New Imposters On Ebay!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody New Imposters On Ebay!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hey there everyone, I am not sure if anyone has got to see these yet, but I wanted to give a heads up to you all and especially Melody. There are new imposters on Ebay…and they refer back to Melodys work but without saying the name. Check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220138566226&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

It looks like they were JUST listed today.

Skigod377
    Participant

These are being discussed here too. Someone Emailed John. πŸ™‚

Pegasi1978
      Participant

The auction orignally said they look like Windstone dragons, but they aren’t.

skigod377 wrote:

These are being discussed here too. Someone Emailed John. πŸ™‚

Thanks Ski! πŸ˜€

I looked around for another thread, but didnt see anything. So I posted in here. IT MUST be the new meds theyve got me on! 😯 πŸ˜• πŸ™„
        I have been having problems with that lately.

But these guys are terrible!!! I saw them and gagged!! I cant believe people are actually “trying” to duplicate Melodys creations. They look NOTHING like them, except for the poses and colors…you can tell they were definately trying tho πŸ‘Ώ .

Thanks again Ski! πŸ™‚

REALLY Pegasi?? HRmmm…didnt see that part, I actually must have gotten to it after they changed it. I wonder if someone said something to them huh?

Skigod377
        Participant

Not a problem at all. They are def knock offs. Someone in the other thread said they are tiny though… so at least they are tiny peices of crap. They are actually not far off on the colors. The eyes are what ruin them.

Yup, that and there isnt any colored stone on their head.

Yea, they say they are REAL small, like 2″ or something. YUCK…NOT even close. They almost look like they were made out of clay too. Hrmmmmm πŸ™„

hmmm the lister is either a lurker or someone mentioned to them because they took windstone out of the listing

Maria
          Participant

Now they’re not even being hoenst about it anymore, because the pieces do look like Windstones and are obviously ripoffs.

Jennifer
            Keymaster

To the seller’s defense..

Most people that sell one or two rip offs either:
              1. Don’t know they’re rip offs
              2. Didn’t know they were rip offs when they initially brought them home

Think of them like counterfeited money. You probably don’t know you have a counterfeit bill, but might still spend it or give it to someone. I’m pretty sure you’d rather see the person that made the counterfeited money go to jail- not yourself, if you got ‘caught’ using the bill!! πŸ˜‰

I’m guessing that someone contacted the seller (or perhaps they are a lurker) about the fact that they are rip offs. They’re probably just trying to sell off some nick-nacks, didn’t want to get in trouble with Windstone (not that they would unless they’re MAKING the rip offs, but they may not know- after all, we DO tend to get hostile about rip offs) and took the word “Windstone” out of their listing. I don’t think they are trying to be dishonest. If anything, they are being careful at the risk of loosing sales- we all know they will get less eBay hits without the word “Windstone” in there.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Skigod377
              Participant

I do think it was just a forum member who mentioned it so they changed the listing. They do look alot like Windstones both in color and shape… just not quality πŸ˜†

Jennifer
                Keymaster

skigod377 wrote:

I do think it was just a forum member who mentioned it so they changed the listing. They do look alot like Windstones both in color and shape… just not quality πŸ˜†

Exactly. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.