fbpx

New Baby! Picture Heavy!

Home Forums Miscellany Community New Baby! Picture Heavy!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    keschete
    Participant

We have had a hard 18 months, I have had to put down 3, 15 year old Min Pins and
      I had an 8 year old Min Pin die from heart failure. So when I saw this little fellow,
      I had to have him.

No name yet (I am thinking about Kaluha), he is a chocolate and tan dappled dachshund.
      We have one adopted dachshund already, so we figured she needed a friend.
      Actually the Min Pins adopted him right away. He is 10 weeks old,
      housetrained and is already sleeping in the bed.

Enjoy…

keschete
      Participant

Pegasi1978
        Participant

Awww! Those eyes will just melt your heart.

purpledragonclaw
          Participant

Aaw, what cuties! I want to pet them through my screen!! How do your dogs get along with your cat? I see the cat is high on a chair where (hopefully) the dogs can’t reach him/her. πŸ™‚ Sorry about your recent woes; there’s nothing like losing a pet. I’m happy you adopted new puppies, though. I hope they live a long time. Out of curiousity, how many pets do you have?

siberakh1
            Participant

Awwww! So cute! So, Rudy will have another dachsie to spoil πŸ˜‰ That’s a really neat coloration on a dachsie too. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one look like that before. Reminds me of something you’d see more on an australian shepard instead πŸ™‚ I’m glad the MiniPins are ‘bringing her into the fold’ so to speak πŸ˜€ I like Kaluha! 8)

I thought the number seemed a little low when you posted somewhere a few weeks (a month?) back with the number of MiniPins from what I remembered when I was down to visit, but so many so soon is rough. I’m sorry to hear πŸ™ *huggles*

BDW
              Participant

Awwww! I love him! Really like his coat!
                Congrats πŸ˜€

Starbreeze
                Participant

What an adorable puppy!!! I’ve never seen one like that!!! I want to just scoop him up and give him a hug!!! πŸ˜€

lamortefille
                  Participant

I’m so sorry for your your losses, K. πŸ˜₯ The new baby is so cool looking though….and what a sweet face! Congrats!

keschete
                    Participant

purpledragonclaw wrote:

Aaw, what cuties! I want to pet them through my screen!! How do your dogs get along with your cat? I see the cat is high on a chair where (hopefully) the dogs can’t reach him/her. πŸ™‚ Sorry about your recent woes; there’s nothing like losing a pet. I’m happy you adopted new puppies, though. I hope they live a long time. Out of curiousity, how many pets do you have?

I have 10 dogs, 3 cats, 2 hedgehogs and 5 sugar gliders. The cats rule the house, in fact you can see the new pup sleeping with his head on the cat Chupacabra. My cats don’t tolerate doggie nonsense. Everyone gets along really well, usually.

keschete
                      Participant

siberakh1 wrote:

Awwww! So cute! So, Rudy will have another dachsie to spoil πŸ˜‰ That’s a really neat coloration on a dachsie too. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one look like that before. Reminds me of something you’d see more on an australian shepard instead πŸ™‚ I’m glad the MiniPins are ‘bringing her into the fold’ so to speak πŸ˜€ I like Kaluha! 8)

I thought the number seemed a little low when you posted somewhere a few weeks (a month?) back with the number of MiniPins from what I remembered when I was down to visit, but so many so soon is rough. I’m sorry to hear πŸ™ *huggles*

Thanks, it has been a hard few months. I had to put Terror and Devil both down in the last 2 months.

Min Pins only come in colors (black/tan, red, choco/tan, fawn, blue) Dachshunds also have patterns (dapple(merle), piebald, brindle) and coat lengths (short, wire, long)

This little guy is a chocolate and tan, dapple (merle), shorthair. And yes, Rudy is already spoiling him rotten! Hugs! Kaya

siberakh1
                        Participant

keschete wrote:

Min Pins only come in colors (black/tan, red, choco/tan, fawn, blue) Dachshunds also have patterns (dapple(merle), piebald, brindle) and coat lengths (short, wire, long)

This little guy is a chocolate and tan, dapple (merle), shorthair. And yes, Rudy is already spoiling him rotten! Hugs! Kaya

Huh. I knew the coat lengths, but I didn’t know Dachshunds could be Merle or piebald (seen a brindle once). Never seen one at a dog show (large AKC show here annually), though I know other colorations of breeds occur that rarely show up at a show – or just aren’t allowed in show standards (like my dog… he has too much white for a black American Cocker)… like seeing a lovely smoke colored Newfie. Not very common, but saw one a member of the local Newfie club had. Gorgeous! Interesting to see though, and I have to say I like the merle better tan the more commonly seen black/tan color! Then again, I’ve never paid much attention to Dachshunds or their standard compared to some other breeds that I’m more partial to. πŸ˜‰

laphon1
                          Participant

What a little cutie!

I’m so sorry for your losses.

wolflodge100
                            Participant

I’m sorry you lost so many furry friends so close together but a perfect pick me up, the new pup is adorable! πŸ˜€

Skigod377
                              Participant

That pup is ridiculously cute. πŸ˜† Congrats! I would not think the dogs would mess with the cats… the cats are bigger.

Jasmine
                                Participant

Sorry about the others. But this one is just too cute!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.