fbpx

New art from mee :D (even newer art pg 8)

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion New art from mee :D (even newer art pg 8)

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

Cuttlefish? Huh boy, I think I’ll put aside $70 just in case. I love cuttlefish.

Maebnus
      Participant

Cuttlefish are awesome. I’d love to see what you do with that idea.

Lokie
        Participant

Cuttlefish are the coolest! Oh, I’m curious to see what you do πŸ™‚

Good to hear I’m not the only person who thinks they are neat! I’ll be sure to show it off if I get it done πŸ™‚

Oh and I noticed yesterday that my Mushroom Log Book was made a Daily Deviation on Devianart.com! πŸ˜€

http://sunhawk.deviantart.com/art/Mushroom-Log-Book-91518111

Not too shabby! πŸ˜‰

Maria
          Participant

Squee! And it’s all mine!
            Congrats, sunhawk. πŸ˜€

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Squee! And it’s all mine!
            Congrats, sunhawk. πŸ˜€

It appears you are the envy of many! LOL

Thanks deary ^_^

Maria
            Participant

The box arrived yesterday, and sunhawk, I just have to say the sketchbook is worth every dollar. It’s absolutely lovely. (Packed perfectly, too, btw.) I can’t wait to put my first sketches in it!
              Here’s looking forward to your next projects… πŸ˜‰

Greater Basilisk wrote:

The box arrived yesterday, and sunhawk, I just have to say the sketchbook is worth every dollar. It’s absolutely lovely. (Packed perfectly, too, btw.) I can’t wait to put my first sketches in it!
              Here’s looking forward to your next projects… πŸ˜‰

Sweeeeeeeeeet, I am glad it arrived in a timely fashion and arrived safely AND that you are happy with it!! πŸ˜€ ^______^ Heh heh I pack everything now like it’s a Windstone, just to be safe (excluding the double-boxing unless it actually needs it like a Windstone LOL) plus I get all this free bubblewrap from work, so I can be very generous with it πŸ˜‰

I am very happy the book went to a good home ^_^

I owe you an email! I will reply ASAP, I’m just running around with my pants on fire trying to get some new projects done in time for a convention on the 22nd! πŸ˜€

Maria
              Participant

Don’t let me stress you! I did say “at your leisure.” πŸ˜† But thanks for letting me know you got it.

New art time! πŸ˜€ Sadly I haven’t had a chance to get to the cuttlefish book yet, that’s on the backburner until I get through the current crop of commissions ^_^

Here’s some stuff I did last month as I was preparing for FanExpo πŸ˜€

First, a commission for a journal for a little girl to be her creative writing book, awww..

It was requested I do a non-scary purple dragon with an egg and then the commissioner found an old etching I’d done of a water serpent and I modified it πŸ˜€

Then two illustrations I did for fun, inking and watercolour dabblings ^_^

This one I called “The Alchemist’s Match” based on a whimsical idea πŸ˜€

I love winged scarabs! πŸ˜€

Then I tried something new, using a wooden box rather than a journal for my sculpting experiments, I think the result was prety neat!

The eyes are glass and have a slight iridescence to them so they catch light and make it hard to capture on film the eye colour. It’s much easier to see in person, I swear! LOL This box is about 6″ x 8″ and I thought it would make a good keepsake box for cards of different kinds, maybe D&D gear?

The box and illustrations are up for grabs ^_^

dragonmedley
                Participant

I love the alchemist’s match.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                  I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                  http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Jasmine
                  Participant

Salamander!! He’s so cute!! And I really did like the box you had at FanExpo.

dragonmedley wrote:

I love the alchemist’s match.

Thanks! πŸ˜€

Jasmine wrote:

Salamander!! He’s so cute!! And I really did like the box you had at FanExpo.

Awww thanks! That box got a lot of attention, though I had thought maybe a D&D fanboy would pick it up. No dice!

lamortefille
                    Participant

I love the alchemist’s match and the box is cool. too!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 128 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.