fbpx

Needle Felting?

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Needle Felting?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Blight
    Participant

Who else here is a needle felter? πŸ™‚ I haven’t made any sculptures for a while because I have been busy with my Windstone PYOs and my jewelry projects, but I have my next creations next on my list of things to do.

I had only tried needle felting for the first time in my life a couple of months ago, and it was a big thing for me since I am physically disabled there’s not many hobbies I can get stuck into, but thankfully felting is one of them πŸ™‚ As long as I pace myself and not finish the sculpture in one day.

siberakh1
      Participant

I have all the stuff to do needle felting (after hunting for months to find the wool in any store near me. I may end up resorting to ordering online, or checking with a local sheep farm. I had intended it to make something for the holiday gift swap this past winter here on the forum, but all the stores told me they stopped carrying the stuff for lack of interest. Finally found stuff in a store that ‘stopped’ carrying it 2 months ago. When I get a little free time, I’ll have to try making a critter or two. πŸ™‚ Do you have any completed projects you can post pictures of? I’d love to see!

I have just begun experimenting with it this year. I haven’t really had the time to really focus on it, but I have made a couple of sculpts. I did a memorial sculpt of my cat Zoe, who passed this early Spring. I also made one for my sister for Mothers day. Both were cats. They were okay for a first try. I really like needle felting and will do some more with it. Here is an image of the two I have made:

Zoe and Ozzie together Both in Memorial

Posted by Dreaming Tree Studio on Friday, May 18, 2012

It is up on my Studio page on Facbook. It is public.

Blight
        Participant

I recommend you buy it online, that’s what I had to do πŸ™‚

I’ve only been able to upload photos of three of my critters, which were kits from Etsy, but I’ve got a sheep, lots of cats, two camels, and more next on my list.

My DA needle felt folder

Blight
          Participant

Those cats are amazing! They’re brilliant for a first try.

Riversgrace
            Participant

lol I wonder if husky undercoat would work, I could send y’all bags of it for free! lol, cute projects though!

Nina
              Participant

I’ve been needle felting for I think about 6 years now. If you’re on FaceBook I started a needle felting group https://www.facebook.com/groups/needlefelting/ Where you can share tips, ask for help, post stuff you’ve made & so on ^_^

Needle felting is so much fun, I’ve not really done anything new in awhile because sadly it kills my wrist πŸ™

Nina
                Participant

lol I wonder if husky undercoat would work, I could send y’all bags of it for free! lol, cute projects though!

lol Yup you can felt with dog fur or any natural fur for that matter, just has to be cleaned like normal wool. I’m actually making an elkhound right now out of the dogs fur.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.