fbpx

Need some MORE help please….anyone?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Need some MORE help please….anyone?

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    frozendragon
    Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

frozendragon wrote:

yup.. I love painting the PYO’s it’s very stress relieving.. but I really want something new.. I’ve painted way too many of the the other sculpts.. LOL

Hundreds of them!!! ๐Ÿ˜† But they are all VERY nice! ๐Ÿ˜‰

thank you.. and yeah.. it’s scary to think how many I’ve painted.. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Nightcrow
      Participant

I keep a damp paper towel handy at all times, so as soon as something drips I can wipe it off. Constant vigilance!

(I also try to finish areas separately, e.g. the Kite Griffin in my gallery — I completely painted, antiqued/shaded, and then gloss varnished his feet, despite his feathers not being finished. The gloss varnish makes it easier to wipe off any drips or runs… and if I went a bit over the edges of the feet onto the feathers when painting them, since they’re NOT sealed I can always paint over that area when I start finishing up the feather job.)

Oh, and I also work with insanely small brushes, which (I guess?) helps minimize accidents — they can really get into tiny areas without brushing up against anything they shouldn’t, they hold less paint so they’re less likely to glob or drip, and if I do streak them across something by accident, at least it’s a narrow streak. ๐Ÿ™‚ Possible bonus: people see them and go all, ” O.o You did that entire thing with THOSE? You are crazy. And talented!” ๐Ÿ™‚

Eleu wrote:

I have a PYO question if the OP doesn’t mind ๐Ÿ˜ณ I keep trying to figure out how people keep one area clean when they are working on something else-like-if you only want to antique the fur of a kirin, how do you keep from messing up your work on the scales? Do people use masking fluid on painted parts of a PYO? Or are all you guys just REALLY good at not ‘straying’ out of where you are painting?

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.