fbpx

Need feedback advice.

Home Forums Miscellany Community Need feedback advice.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

*Short Version* How long should I give a seller to respond before blasting her with negative feedback?

I got two items from the same seller. I won three, but one apparently had some damage, so she didnt sell it to me. They were all described as MINT. Well, the griffin was mint, except for marker writing on the bottom. I may be anal, but I think that disqualifies it from being MINT.(It doesnt really bug me but the following does) The jade oriental had two small paint chips that were covered up with an ugly shade of green. It also had its nose broken off and glued back on. Its not glaring… pretty well done repair, but still noticable upon inspection. She has not responded to my emails for a refund or return. I have written twice. She only has 44 feedbacks and 3 negatives would be bad. How long should I wait? What feedback do you recommend?

Skigod377
      Participant

SPark
        Participant

I usually give ’em a week. That’s long enough even if you don’t check things every day. Then? Negative on the oriental, definitely. Probably a neutral on the one she decided not to sell, although given that she’s being so unhelpful overall, it would be tempting to leave a negative on that too. The griffin… that’s iffy, personally I wouldn’t care if it had marks on the felt, so long as they don’t show when on display, but that’s me. And it’s true that mint DOES mean “exactly like it was when from the factory” so that’s not mint.

Anonymous

Maybe it’s me, but I don’t buy from anyone who has a negative in the first place.

Skigod377
            Participant

Snapdragon wrote:

Maybe it’s me, but I don’t buy from anyone who has a negative in the first place.

She does not have any negative, from what I remember.

Anonymous

My bad, you wrote you would be giving her 3, I read that as already having 3.

Hey, you screw up, eat the consquences. My record got marred with a negative because I waited 6 weeks for payment on an item then left negative feedback, and got one in return.

Skigod377
                Participant

SPark wrote:

I usually give ’em a week. That’s long enough even if you don’t check things every day. Then? Negative on the oriental, definitely. Probably a neutral on the one she decided not to sell, although given that she’s being so unhelpful overall, it would be tempting to leave a negative on that too. The griffin… that’s iffy, personally I wouldn’t care if it had marks on the felt, so long as they don’t show when on display, but that’s me. And it’s true that mint DOES mean “exactly like it was when from the factory” so that’s not mint.

Yeah… I think one of each may be in order… though the fact that she is not responding to me after the sale makes me wanna change my mind. I was very nice… what is she afraid of? Maybe she just needs more time.

Maebnus
                  Participant

If you feel inclined, you could request from ebay more contact info. She’d get notified that you asked for it. I dunno if you’d be likely to call her from overseas, but sometimes that “official” prod gets ’em talking.

Skigod377
                    Participant

Maebnus3 wrote:

If you feel inclined, you could request from ebay more contact info. She’d get notified that you asked for it. I dunno if you’d be likely to call her from overseas, but sometimes that “official” prod gets ’em talking.

Thats a pretty good idea! Might just prompt her to talk to me. ๐Ÿ™‚

Akeyla
                      Participant

what helps me is trying to put myself in their position. Meaning MINT to my artists eye is spotless and flawless. On the other hand my aunt calls gryphons dragons and buys me googly plastic eyes after I showed her my taxidermy eyes. Then again she’s a thousand times better at math than me.
                        BUT this has nothing to do with no communication. So, if she does not answer I would ask her a few times (be sure to observe is she is active, after all the struck by the lightning house can be possible) and then hit the red button. Be sure to say in the feedback what was wrong, not just “badass evil”.
                        Good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

Pegasi1978
                        Participant

Aside from trying to contact her you can always enter the Item Not Received or Significantly Not as Described Process. That will pop a message up in her “my eBay” as well as sending her an email. That may scare her into action as well because if she doesn’t respond after so many days she gets reported to the eBay Trust and Security Team.

Jodi
                          Participant

I’d report her to eBay first, like Peg said. That will let her know that you are getting eBay involved and her account reputation is on the line. Give her a couple days to respond to that, then give her negative for the repaired one, neutral for the missing one, and good for the griffin, but with a note that the felt was written on in the message section. Let us know how things go.

I agree with emerald on the ratings for each of the items if she ultimately does not to respond, but I would first try going through the dispute process as pegasi suggested before leaving any feedback. If she’s cooperative and gives you a refund, etc. then you can can adjust the rating accordingly.

Since you have 90 days to leave feedback, I think its better to leave negative feedback only after its clear that the problem can’t be resolved. If possible, its better to avoid having to leave negative feedback and potentially getting retaliatory negative feedback. By the way, with the seller that sold me a “mint” dragon family that had many chips, I waited 2 months before I left negative feedback (this was after all possibilities had been exhausted and I had to file a dispute with my credit card company to get a refund).

Jennifer
                            Keymaster

mimitrek wrote:

I agree with emerald on the ratings for each of the items if she ultimately does not to respond, but I would first try going through the dispute process as pegasi suggested before leaving any feedback. If she’s cooperative and gives you a refund, etc. then you can can adjust the rating accordingly.

Since you have 90 days to leave feedback, I think its better to leave negative feedback only after its clear that the problem can’t be resolved. If possible, its better to avoid having to leave negative feedback and potentially getting retaliatory negative feedback. By the way, with the seller that sold me a “mint” dragon family that had many chips, I waited 2 months before I left negative feedback (this was after all possibilities had been exhausted and I had to file a dispute with my credit card company to get a refund).

I agree with this! ๐Ÿ™‚ Also, if after all you do leave negative and suddenly she comes back to save the day, you can agree to retract it.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                              My art: featherdust.com

My two cents, I’d give a week and half to two weeks incase she is on vacation or something….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.