fbpx

Need Ebay Help

Home Forums Miscellany Community Need Ebay Help

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Setsunawolf
    Participant

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
      Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
      Sun Dragon Koi #3

Setsunawolf
      Participant

I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this. There an auction on ebay I have been watching that ends right in the middle of my class. I can finagle work, but I have to attend class. I was wondering if anyone might be willing to stalk the auction for me.
        PS: If this is poor ebay etiquette please let me know, I’m still new to this world.
        Thanks!!

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Kujacker
        Participant

There have been people here that have given their ebay name/passwords to another so they could bid on behalf of that person who couldn’t be at a computer at the time.
          Of course, only the really close friends here have done that!

Setsunawolf
          Participant

I was really hoping someone might bid on it using their account. I have a Paypal account and could pay for the won item. I understand of no wants to risk it on a stranger. I’m planning on putting it on the CC, through Paypal. It’s the last piece I need to fill in a hole on the display shelf. If I can’t get it, I’ll survive. I just noticed that sometimes people on the forum buy things from the store for each other and just collect when they send the piece.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Purplecat
            Participant

Alot of times people wont bid using their own account, because financially if you decided you didnt want it or no longer had the money, they’d be stuck with the item. Sometimes they’ll do it if it’s a piece that they wouldn’t mind keeping if problems arose. πŸ™‚

Setsunawolf
              Participant

I always have a max bid that I won’t exceed. That way I avoid overextending myself. But I understand the financial obligations. Although there are several people here who would probably take the piece off their hands. I have a Burnt Sugar Poad I’m willing to use as collateral.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Bob

I’d LOVE to help but I’m at or on my way to work or home frome so many hours of the day I can’t even get my own stuff sometimes. It has been done here many times to answer that part though

Setsunawolf
                  Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

I’d LOVE to help but I’m at or on my way to work or home frome so many hours of the day I can’t even get my own stuff sometimes. It has been done here many times to answer that part though

It ends a like 8pm EST, right in the middle of class πŸ™ Class runs from 7-9:30 EST.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Bob

setsunawolf wrote:

Dragon Master wrote:

It ends a like 8pm EST, right in the middle of class πŸ™ Class runs from 7-9:30 EST.

that is the way it ALWAYS seems to work!! I have stopped looking at most of the evil -bay things for that reason

Setsunawolf
                      Participant

Alas, Evil-bay seems to be the only place that has some of the harder to find pieces. I suppose I could have used my Bronze Sunburst Griffin as collateral but he WILL never leave my house…And I might never see him again if I did and paid his ransom.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

lamortefille
                        Participant

Sorry I can’t be of any help….I will be at work.

setsunawolf wrote:

PS: If this is poor ebay etiquette please let me know, I’m still new to this world.

It’s perfectly acceptable if you can find someone willing to do it, but you don’t really need to. The whole idea of eBay is that you bid the maximum you are willing to pay. You can do this before you go into class.

The obvious problem is that you are then throwing yourself at the mercy of those who are willing to bid more than you, including those who would not have bid more if you hadn’t forced them to do so.

What I would do is figure out exactly how much you would be willing to pay, at the absolute most, then bid 10% more than that.

This way if you win the bid at more than you were originally willing to pay, you can congratulate yourself on having put in that extra bit as insurance; if you don’t win it at that price, the person who got it was clearly willing to bid more than 10% over what you were willing to bid, so you don’t feel too bad about losing it because either you couldn’t have afforded it anyway, or it simply wasn’t worth that much.

Setsunawolf
                          Participant

Thanks Dave,
                            What always happens is I either get bid up or outbid. Through bitter experience I usually just baby sit my auctions, it’s cheaper πŸ˜†

Sun Dragon Koi #3

setsunawolf wrote:

Thanks Dave,
                            What always happens is I either get bid up or outbid. Through bitter experience I usually just baby sit my auctions, it’s cheaper πŸ˜†

The upside is this, if you lose this one, another one will come along.

Kyrin

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.