fbpx

Neat jewelry

Home Forums Miscellany Community Neat jewelry

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    lamortefille
    Participant

lamortefille
      Participant

I was snooping around eBay (as usual) and found this guy’s auctions. He has some neat stuff…

Baby dragon in egg, Pegusus pendant, wolves, dolphins, eagles, etc….lots more, some way more expensive than others. Enjoy!

Jasmine
        Participant

Wow, those are really cool. I might try to get one of the dragons for my bf for our anniversary.

Stephanie
          Participant

Very neat!

Patricia
            Participant

Wow, those are really neat!

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Oh pretty. I love mammoth ivory carvings. But, it’s just too expensive for me.

Purplecat
              Participant

I like the dragon egg one. πŸ˜€

lamortefille
                Participant

Romeodanny wrote:

Oh pretty. I love mammoth ivory carvings. But, it’s just too expensive for me.

*nods* Some of them are very expensive. I can’t afford them, either, except for some on lower end.

If anyone gets any, let us know how they look in person, please.

Jodi
                  Participant

Those are really nice. I saw a couple small dragons carved from bone at a gem show I went to on Sunday. They were truly beautiful and delicate. I couldn’t afford them though, but worth it! I wish I had less debt and extra money. πŸ˜€

Jasmine
                    Participant

Yeah, I yelped at the prices too. But one of the $40 I might be able to handle.

Heather
                      Participant

I found a dealer selling carvings at Comic-Con last year. They weren’t pendants, just little knick-knacks, but supposedly carved from a “vegetable ivory”. The dealer described them as a tropical nut-meat that hardens tremendously when left to mature. It’s very dense and takes carving well. The nuts vary in color from ivory to chocolate brown. It was interesting stuff! πŸ™‚

lamortefille
                        Participant

Barrdwing wrote:

I found a dealer selling carvings at Comic-Con last year. They weren’t pendants, just little knick-knacks, but supposedly carved from a “vegetable ivory”. The dealer described them as a tropical nut-meat that hardens tremendously when left to mature. It’s very dense and takes carving well. The nuts vary in color from ivory to chocolate brown. It was interesting stuff! πŸ™‚

Yup, they are made out of tagua nuts. Some of the artists paint them, too. I have a few of them…they’re wonderful:)

Jennifer
                          Keymaster

Barrdwing wrote:

Tagua nuts! They are real. A friend of mine works with them a lot… it’s a really neat and animal friendly alternative to animal ivory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tagua_nut

In regards to the dragon carvings, I’ve been watching that eBay seller for a few years now, I’ve always wanted one but can’t afford ’em. They are worth every penny though, that sort of work takes a long time and a lot of skill to do!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                            My art: featherdust.com

Heather
                            Participant

Oh good, someone else has heard of these! πŸ™‚ I was a little worried that the man was pulling my leg. They were nice carvings, although clearly by different artists. I bought a gecko, a sabertoothed-something skull, and (of course) a dragon. πŸ˜‰

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.