fbpx

Natasha's PYOs – Painting Completed on Halloween Ki-rin!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Natasha's PYOs – Painting Completed on Halloween Ki-rin!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Natasha
    Participant

I was gifted a PYO Ki-Rin and I used the last of a Christmas gift card to buy my supplies! After lots of looking over suggestions on the board, here’s what I got! I’m still not sure what color scheme I’ll be going for right away but I hope to begin this weekend. Not pictured – some larger brushes and a palate I already had. I’m nervous and excited!

photo DC4076B5-E7C9-4326-8DBC-D9493743F138_zpsdzaavwu4.jpg

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
      ANY Red Eyed Unis
      ANY Test Paint Bat
      UNIS:
      The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
      Male- Snow Leopard TP
      White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
      Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
      Mother: Okapi
      Gothic - Mahogany
      PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
      DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Prezaurian
      Participant

I’m right there with you in the amateurish painting style, Natasha. πŸ˜‰

Regretfully I haven’t had time to paint in the last month. I finished my dragon and had started working on the kirin’s details…but time just got away from me. It’s definitely fun though!

The first PYO is such a learning curve, too, so don’t be discouraged! My kirin was my first piece started but it’ll be the second one finished. Even with practicing on some cheap ceramics I found at a goodwill shop, detailing is tricky business. More than once I’ve had to walk away from the piece because I couldn’t get the result I wanted. Just be patient with it, relax, maybe put on some music, and enjoy yourself. πŸ™‚

Seconded! Or if not music, your favorite movie or television show as background noise. πŸ˜‰

Natasha
        Participant

My first PYO – he’s actually feeling nicer to paint than ceramics but I’m not sure if that’s the gypsum or that I’m using better quality paints. Here’s the first thin wash of paint! It’s a reddish orange made from liqiutex & Golden acrylic glazing liquid satin. Currently I’m planning on doing his scales in teals with some metallic detailing, but we’ll see if that works out. I’m pleased with the first coat and look forward to hopefully building the color on his fur nicely! As always feel free to point out any glaring newbie errors I might be oblivious too.

photo EC8B8633-A88E-4611-ABAE-9328EC94AFBD_zpsobpdczm3.jpg

photo 38997983-48F4-41F2-A85C-FFDDCC42C9CC_zpsfksqs0p0.jpg

photo 3CC9D9F9-FB8F-4E40-AB23-0ED7938108E3_zpsz0kw4xxh.jpg

photo 0E132648-D64F-4549-96BE-7C34DA600596_zpspifwjvsy.jpg

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
          ANY Red Eyed Unis
          ANY Test Paint Bat
          UNIS:
          Male- Snow Leopard TP
          Gothic - Mahogany

Natasha
          Participant

And here he is with two coats of orange. I think that’s the end for the color. I think that’s it for the orange. Tomorrow I think I’ll do his scales (teal or purple). Eventually I’ll add sins iridescent highlights to his fur.

photo 6DED4E78-C077-4218-8452-6209F7024A0B_zpswnrzlhkg.jpg

photo 6D742441-D1DD-4095-AA2A-A654E57F73E7_zps9neaq1ed.jpg

photo E6F8CED5-0C52-4152-9561-9287DE287973_zps8ybwq7yh.jpg

photo 1B5DE114-F46A-4597-A839-3CF14C98054F_zpsqwqazdpu.jpg

ANY Red Eyed Unis
            ANY Test Paint Bat
            UNIS:
            Male- Snow Leopard TP
            Gothic - Mahogany

Hannah
            Participant

It looks great so far! You are a much neater painter than I am XD I have the tendency to make mistakes on the white and then go back and fix them later, but yours looks so wonderfully clean!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
              Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Natasha
              Participant

It looks great so far! You are a much neater painter than I am XD I have the tendency to make mistakes on the white and then go back and fix them later, but yours looks so wonderfully clean!

Thank you! There are some orange bits on the unpainted parts but that’ll be a darker color! Whew!

ANY Red Eyed Unis
                ANY Test Paint Bat
                UNIS:
                Male- Snow Leopard TP
                Gothic - Mahogany

Celestial Rainstorm
                Participant

How pretty so far! I cannot wait to see what she comes out to be!

Finding happiness again.

Natasha
                  Participant

How pretty so far! I cannot wait to see what she comes out to be!

Thank you! I hope to do more work on him tomorrow!

ANY Red Eyed Unis
                    ANY Test Paint Bat
                    UNIS:
                    Male- Snow Leopard TP
                    Gothic - Mahogany

tig3r06
                    Participant

Looks great! My first PYO I was terrified and made mistakes, but kept adding and blending and it turned out better than I thought. Almost completed my 3rd and it definitely gets easier and better :).

StormDancer
                      Participant

It’s looking good.
                        I try to keep mine fairly clean and “in the lines” when I paint but I never worry if I get paint where I didn’t want it either.
                        Painting is an art form and to me there is no right or wrong way. Even things you might think of as mistakes can generally be turned into happy accidents. You never know, you may end up liking it better anyhow. Just go with it and have fun. Paint what you love, how you want and it will turn out well in the end.
                        I can’t wait to see it finished!

Looking for:
                        "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Natasha
                        Participant

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! Here’s the progress shots from today! He’s basically all done – I just need to deal his and glue in his eyes. I’m having a bad asthma episode at the moment so I won’t be dealing him until that gets better.

He’s done in different shades of orange and purple, with Violet gold shifty Lumiere paint as well. Lots of dry brushing to get the metallic to shine. He’s not perfect, but for my first attempt, I a quite pleased with him. I have read eyes for him and they work well but I think orange might actually be better. I might try to order them somewhere else. Anyway, he was super fun to paint and I’m less intimidated by the process now so that’s good.

photo 8435E47E-16CC-480B-BFB5-C53BF8B29260_zpsmwt3dzwu.jpg

photo 345EC711-B915-42E4-960D-38C0C41CA32B_zpsqc6oq5z3.jpg

photo 58F38271-96CE-4187-A93F-98A050A6EA50_zps0lrw97d1.jpg

photo 3D929A01-3771-4C7E-8400-5811984E0219_zpspb4lg3mo.jpg

photo 85BFAC74-BAE7-45F9-B437-81D60D72F54E_zpsmcbiy0w6.jpg

photo 4CFDBEAE-6D92-4BAD-84F9-AD7E43D1246B_zpsgxvvon9r.jpg

photo FE337F0D-AD15-483F-ADE7-E136BBF29EA9_zpsnxfulfud.jpg

photo E54C7499-4FD7-44CE-BFE9-0D44FEBFB123_zps9itv8nnb.jpg

photo CBE49974-6311-4730-8454-0D7607C3F390_zpscpiolwuk.jpg

photo ECC74594-0C1C-4AEC-822B-19F4C6384448_zps9aqarhe8.jpg

photo E5BA15C2-865D-4806-9117-AD0EFC97C035_zps1euddp37.jpg

photo 125B9462-EFD0-4BF5-8CF2-A5C2843C6C43_zpsys5c6hzz.jpg

photo 1A5C1769-5B1B-4E55-9E36-9DBE62E9B95C_zpsgjepajg5.jpg

ANY Red Eyed Unis
                          ANY Test Paint Bat
                          UNIS:
                          Male- Snow Leopard TP
                          Gothic - Mahogany

JynXx
                          Participant

He’s very cute, Natasha!! Awesome job! πŸ˜€ β™₯

β†žβ†žβ‰ͺβˆ™ FOREVER SEEKING β€’β†Ÿβ€’

β€’ β–Ί By Patricia Smith β—„ β€’
                            β˜™ "SKY BRONZE" Emperor Dragon
                            ✾ "RAINBOW ASAGI" Moon Oriental Dragon
                            ✾ "RAINBOW TIGER" Sun Oriental Dragon

β€’ β–Ί By Melody β—„ β€’
                            β˜™ "Test Paint #5" GB '15 PUMA
                            β˜™ #170 FANTASY GB '22 Young Qi'Lin
                            β˜™ #224 KOI GB '22 Young Qi'Lin

Prezaurian
                            Participant

Very cute Natasha. She’s definitely Halloweeny! πŸ™‚

Celestial Rainstorm
                              Participant

Oh, is she incredibly cute! I love the color combo!

Finding happiness again.

Natasha
                                Participant

Thank you, Ladies!

ANY Red Eyed Unis
                                  ANY Test Paint Bat
                                  UNIS:
                                  Male- Snow Leopard TP
                                  Gothic - Mahogany

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.