fbpx

NANOWRIMO 2007

Home Forums Miscellany General Writing Discussion NANOWRIMO 2007

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I’M SO BEHIND ON MY WORDCOUNT IT’S SCARY. O___O

There’s another thread here about NaNo that we started for last year’s event, and I was wondering, how many folks are doin’ it again?

Yeah… I’m at 3000 and… I DON’T HAVE A PLOT AT ALL. This is sort of terrifying, since the last two years I’ve NaNo’d I had at least a general concept of a plot a good few months beforehand. And this time I haven’t got a thing. And I’m already 3k words into a story that doesn’t exist. Whooooao.

BDW
    Participant

Here is the original thread: NANOWRIMO

Arlla
      Participant

:D:D Go chessie! And hey, I’m sure a plot will come… Isn’t there a book just about this called “no plot no problem”? No worries!

My husband started writing last night…I still don’t know what he’s writing yet, but I hope it’s a sequel to last year’s!
        writing is not my gift (though occasionally I try to forget that) so when he’s doing this, I try to keep the same sort of schedule with whatever project I’m working on…in this case, a certain number of hours painting every day. It gets things done!! 0_0

Good luck and lots of warm encouragement to all those participating!

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
        -J R R Tolkien

Pegasi1978
        Participant

I was going to participate, but realized Friday night that I couldn’t do my initial idea for this year. I had done too much prep work that I had forgotten about and then lost a lot of the notes at the same time (I was going to convert notes I had taken during old RPG games into a story format). So I’m at ends with trying to decide if I want to try for somthing else this year or just not worry about it.

That is awesome, Arlla. I think one of the best things about NaNoWriMo is not the fact that it’s about writing, but that it’s about making yourself do stuff. Good luck to your husband!

Eh, Pegasi, personally, I’d just go with the idea you had planned. As long as you aren’t just copy-pasting previously written material into the manuscript, I’d say it’s permissable to use something you’ve plotted already. Lots of people have outlines and whatnot that they prepared months beforehand…. and hey, it’s all about personal accomplishment, anyway, not about sticking to a set of rules. So I’d say as long as you aren’t using stuff already written out, it’s fine. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m at 4401 now. *presses onward* I think I need a nap. Good luck to everyone else!

Pegasi1978
          Participant

That’s the thing, a lot of it would be copy and pasted. I didn’t even remember typing up all those game notes it had been so long. The game happened back in 1997-99 time frame so some time after that I typed some of it up. I knew I had typed some of the game up because my character’s “day job” was a reporter at a newspaper and I wrote up a couple of articles about what had been happening when she was on her “night job” as a member of a private investigative firm.

It was a White Wolf World of Darkness game. I played the closest we had to a “normal” human in the game. The only quirks my character has was she was extraordinarily lucky and she had a dangersense.

Ah, well, in that case, maybe you can come up with something else. There is still plenty of time!

She sounds like a cool character!

Pegasi1978
            Participant

I’m hoping I can come up with something, but not expecting too. I haven’t been very inspired lately.

Sierra Fortuna (that was her name) was a blast to play. She was my second RPG character ever and my first WW character. I still have her chracter sheet with her final stats.

Arlla
              Participant

Ahh, Eben and I skipped yesterday..we have to work extra hard today!! >_0

-J R R Tolkien

Arlla
                Participant

So how’s everyone doing??? Eben caught up, though he hasn’t written yet tonight…tsk tsk…I’m doing a good job of painting (almost) everyday, and it’s really helping me get these tiger griffs done. And, I actually wrote something the other day! ๐Ÿ˜€ I like writing, even though I’m not very good at it…and I actually wrote a whole piece, finished it and everything. I’m proud of myself! ^_^

-J R R Tolkien

BipolarBear
                  Participant

Chessapeaka wrote:

I’M SO BEHIND ON MY WORDCOUNT IT’S SCARY. O___O

There’s another thread here about NaNo that we started for last year’s event, and I was wondering, how many folks are doin’ it again?

Yeah… I’m at 3000 and… I DON’T HAVE A PLOT AT ALL. This is sort of terrifying, since the last two years I’ve NaNo’d I had at least a general concept of a plot a good few months beforehand. And this time I haven’t got a thing. And I’m already 3k words into a story that doesn’t exist. Whooooao.

Can you let me see what you’ve got? I actually happen to be quite good at helping people with stories in progress, though you kind of have to keep me from putting my on words into your story. But since you don’t have a story I also happen to be very good at creating stories out of nothing, though since you don’t have nothing that could be a problem ๐Ÿ˜†

I would help but I am just to tired to get out of bed today~
                    Engaged to a Weasel

Oh, hey, sorry, I completely missed your post… it’s a little late now, but thanks for the offer! ๐Ÿ™‚

I tend to be excruciatingly bad at keeping to one story. Over the course of several pages I generally dip into several, although this time my only story is Story… who is my main character… I’m kind of confused as to what’s going on at the moment, actually. Things are happening but only some of them are sanctioned. Yay for NaNoWriMo!!! I just have to have faith it will take me through the last 15,000 words. And then I can forget about ever writing anything again (until about two days after Dec 1st when the itch resumes). *grin*

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.