fbpx

My stripey griffin

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone My stripey griffin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Andrea
    Participant

Andrea
      Participant

It’s amazing how much I can paint when the kids are asleep!
        Here’s my stripy griffin, tell me what you think.

Patricia
        Participant

Ohhh, I love his stripey butt! πŸ˜€

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

WolfenMachine
          Participant

Me too! I loooove the subtleness of the lion-stripes, and the pearly-blueness of his feathers too

Starbreeze
            Participant

Very beautiful!!! I love the shades of blue you used. πŸ˜€

Lokie
              Participant

I really like his bottom half, very nice.

Andrea
                Participant

Thanks Lokie… Can you think of something to do with the top half that would look better? Hubby says it’s too light for the butt, but I’m afraid to try and darken the top half as I would lose all the detail of the feathers.
                  Any ideas are welcome.
                  Where’s Whippet and her photoshop?

Lokie
                  Participant

Phoenix wrote:

Thanks Lokie… Can you think of something to do with the top half that would look better? Hubby says it’s too light for the butt, but I’m afraid to try and darken the top half as I would lose all the detail of the feathers.
                    Any ideas are welcome.
                    Where’s Whippet and her photoshop?

I like the light blues used on his feathers so I wouldn’t suggest darkening them; the contrast difference between the bottom and top doesn’t really bother me since you did bring in some of the dark color into the top of his wings and ears.

Do you plan to antique him? That might darken him up a bit (although that might make the softness of his feathers disappear >.<).

So, I guess I’m no help πŸ˜› Lol, yes, we need Whippet πŸ™‚ Although, I do think he is rather nice, and would still look pretty if left as is. I’m not sure what others or yourself thinks. Do you agree with your husband’s observations?

Andrea
                    Participant

I think the top half needs something to make it complete. I just can’t figure out what.
                      Thanks for your thoughts.

Maria
                      Participant

Very nice bottom half, Phoenix, and the blues are pretty. I would fade in the black stripes on his eagle part. As is, they’re too abrupt and don’t seem to fit. Other than that, unless you want to antique him, I think he looks pretty good as a whole. Did you paint the inside of his ears?

Andrea
                        Participant

I painted them irridecent white so you can’t really tell they are painted.
                          I like your suggestion of fading the stripes. Thanks!

Skigod377
                          Participant

Very nice butt, and I like the stripes on the base of the wings. πŸ™‚

NirvanaCat13
                            Participant

I really think the stripy cat part came out beautifuly!

As for the top, (I will attempt to explain this so it makes sense….) I think if you continued the black stripes up, maybe 2 more, one that extended up the beginning ridge of his foreleg, and then another that came a bit up on his neck, like fanning them out. Also, extend the black to a peak up the back of his neck and head maybe? Hope that made sense and helped.

He looks great so far though! Can’t wait to see the finished piece.

I really like it! Especially the wings! That took a lot of work!

Wow, That is nice. What if you used the darker blue on the tips of the feathers (less white).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.