fbpx

My PYOs photos are here at last!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone My PYOs photos are here at last!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Blight
    Participant

Here’s the promised photos of all my PYOs, except for my last Small Dragon which I’ve painted in gold ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve posted them in order, so my first ever PYO is Rosso, Meilo, Morysa, Asher.

Rosso was a challenge for me because it was the first thing I had painted in over a decade, and because I am physically disabled I only have the use of my right arm and can only move my left hand at the wrist, but I got him done, and the rest followed suit pretty quickly. They each took me an afternoon and a half to paint.

I used DecoArt Americana acrylics and Dazzling Metallics, but I’m not happy with the Krylon archival spray. I chose the clear finish, thinking it would be invisible, but it made the statues glassy like I had bought the Glossy finish. It’s turned the matte fur and hair of the statues into glass, and turned the shimmery scales into glass, so it’s changed the look of my desired designs into something else ๐Ÿ™ Oh well. I used an Australian made archival gemstone glue for the eyes, but I panicked at the start because the glue turned acid green once it hit the sealed statue but then turned invisible in an hour.

I don’t have names for the colour schemes, I just went with my favourite colours (or the recipitents’ if it was a gift project). I’ve bought two Foo Puppies to paint as a gift for some relatives so I can’t wait to work on them ๐Ÿ™‚

Adaneth
      Participant

I really like Mielo and Morysa. ๐Ÿ™‚ Lovely work on all of them!

Lokie
        Participant

As for the Krylon, I think all their top coat spray cans say “clear”, whether they are “Matte”, “Satin”, or “Glossy” finish. And depending on whether it’s an older label or not, it will either say Satin, Matte, or Gloss under the clear word on the front (new label) or on a sticker over the UPC Barcode in the back (old label). Could you have accidentally got a glossy finish one? My glossy finish of Krylon only says “gloss” in tiny print on the label in the back. I almost missed it myself when purchasing.

In any case, your PYOs are lovely; thank you for sharing!

Very nice job Wolfrott. Glad to hear that you are enjoying painting and that your disability is not holding you back from doing the things you have passion for. ๐Ÿ™‚ Keep painting em and we’ll keep looking at em!

Blight
          Participant

I’ll need to check the can again to see what it said, but when I bought it online the store only supplied the sprays in Matte, Glossy, and Clear, and Satin wasn’t an option. They may have mistook the Glossy to be clear?

I think that it may be Glossy, since it can’t be anything else. I’ll report back once I find the can again.

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Tara
            Participant

Krylon’s Finish called Crystal Clear is a gloss finish if that’s what you bought. Looking at their site, the non gloss finishes state their glossiness in the name of the finish. Krylon “Satin Finish” or “Matte Finish” would be the ones you’re looking for.

Chloe
              Participant

These are gorgeous! Great job and I love that first kyrin! Thanks so much for sharing.

Blight
                Participant

Yeah, it was Crystal Clear ๐Ÿ™ At least it didn’t change the look too much.

SilverDragon
                  Participant

I like your wolf. Very pretty ๐Ÿ˜€

Author of โ€œMoonlight Walkersโ€ book and artist for the Trail of Painted Ponies Co.
                    Follow for updates: twitter.com/cmooreauthor

Blight
                    Participant

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Blight
                      Participant

My latest PYO – a ivory coloured Ki-Rin!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.