fbpx

My, he's bright!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone My, he's bright!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Andrea
    Participant

Andrea
      Participant

Here’s my first dragon. He was really hard for me to paint. My husband loves him, but I don’t know. Tell me what you think and critique away!

Maria
        Participant

Wooo, I really like him! A real summer dragon! The only two thing’s I’d change are his horns – put on a little texture shading so they look like horns, not just “blobs” on his head, and making his nostrils darker. But other than that, he looks fine!

Andrea
          Participant

What color for the horns do you think? I didn’t really have anything and the talons I hodpodged greyish yellow.
            Thanks!

Mmmmm…GREEN!!! I love him! I would make the horns a bit darker or somthing tho, like GB said. The horns just don’t pop I guess. But I love the yellow and green though!! But since I love green so much, I suppose you could just throw a can of pait at him and as long as its green, I’d like it! 😆 😆

Maria
            Participant

Phoenix wrote:

What color for the horns do you think? I didn’t really have anything and the talons I hodpodged greyish yellow.
              Thanks!

You don’t need to change the color at all, yellow is fine. I just think you should add some streaks to give it horn texture. Since the paint is probably perfectly dry now, I would just paint over the horns in green and then immediately wipe the fresh paint off. It should leave you with nice random streaks that give the natural impression of horn material. (I did this on Pliny’s beak; kept adding color and making it thicker. It never turned out so I just wiped it off and found the beak very natural-looking.)

Andrea
              Participant

Thanks! I’ll try it and update pictures.

wah my eyes! That IS bright! LOL

Skigod377
                Participant

I think he is very pretty, though I would add another color… Like highlights on the scales that run down his back and maybe something on the little dots on his belly?? The colors are wonderful and the blending is great!

I like him as well, but the yellow scales need something going down his belly. I am not sure what, but something.

Andrea
                  Participant

I could add another color… But which one? I wear stripes and polka dots. I am not a very good designer!

Hmm, the only colors I can think if are white or black or maybe a rust color (only because I think of the leaves turning colors in the fall when I look at the dragon).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.