fbpx

My first artwork EVER

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion My first artwork EVER

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Apari
    Participant

Apari
      Participant

I’m 21 years old and have never done any artwork at all… I did something a little random last Wednesday and bought a Snap-On airbursh that I found on Craigslist. I’ve always been interested and wanted to try airbrushing, but I didn’t know anyone who had one.

This duck was sitting by a dumpster about to be trashed when my dad rescued it from his work.
        Here’s kinda what I was going for.

As you can see, it’s in very rough shape but I thought that it would be great for my 1st sculpt victim. 😈

I didn’t want to bother with sanding the darn thing, so I just painted over it. πŸ˜€

And finally starting to add some color. (I didn’t have and still dont have any good paints, thinners, or any other fancy artist tools yet)

And here’s the final product. πŸ™‚ I’m pleased with it, being my first airbrushed anything. I think I’m going to give it to my grandfather cuz he use to collect ducks.

I take ANY tips if you have em. I’ve looked thru the PYO section and found a lot of help there, thanks everyone!
        Now I need my fist PYO dragon… Anybody know when they’re supposed to be back in the store? πŸ˜•

Jerusha
        Participant

There are some Keepers in right now. RUN!!!!!!! 😈

The duck looks great from what I can see in the pics. I, too, just bought an airbrush – suddenly stumbled upon about a half dozen projects that would all work/look better with some airbrushing, so I figured, why not. Mine is still huddling in its brand new box, making tiny slathering sounds and waiting for me to gum up the nerve to try it.

I read some interesting tips on how to practice airbrushing as a new user, including frisket work. I’d be happy to pm you a brief summary if you’d like. But I must say, as a tentative new user, it’s very encouraging to see someone else’s first attempts come out looking so good. So thank you for posting the pics and sharing your story!! Happy brushing :hi:

Apari
          Participant

Jerusha wrote:

There are some Keepers in right now. RUN!!!!!!! 😈

The duck looks great from what I can see in the pics. I, too, just bought an airbrush – suddenly stumbled upon about a half dozen projects that would all work/look better with some airbrushing, so I figured, why not. Mine is still huddling in its brand new box, making tiny slathering sounds and waiting for me to gum up the nerve to try it.

I read some interesting tips on how to practice airbrushing as a new user, including frisket work. I’d be happy to pm you a brief summary if you’d like. But I must say, as a tentative new user, it’s very encouraging to see someone else’s first attempts come out looking so good. So thank you for posting the pics and sharing your story!! Happy brushing :hi:Sure you can PM me. And I just now finished ordering my keeper! I didn’t even have time to think up a scheme for it yet… Hope I picked the right eye color. lol
            Thanks for the comment, hope your AB’ing goes smooth. I learned a lot doing this guy, like you CAN use windex to thin acrylics. Just to practice though! πŸ™‚

Anonymous

Sagiappari,
              WOW WHAT A FREAKIN GREAT DUCK!
              You must be so proud of yourself, that’s just awesome – and I wouldn’t even dare attempt to try something like that LOL Bad enough I tried picking up a paintbrush and smearing it on a Muse – which btw I’ve not picked it up again since the first day LOL Phew!

EXCELLENT job on your duck! And btw, what an awesome dumpster find! I’m impressed – no one throws anything good away around here LOL :/

Keep it up!

Very good first attempt!

But it just makes me want to pick up glass engraving again. Don’t ask where I got that thought from… cuz even I don’t know that….! 😈

Jennifer
              Keymaster

That is a great first attempt! Though it looks like your statue is actually a goose… I’m sure it doesn’t mind having duck plumage. XD

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

Apari
                Participant

Jennifer wrote:

That is a great first attempt! Though it looks like your statue is actually a goose… I’m sure it doesn’t mind having duck plumage. XD

Ha! You’re right, I was wondering why things were kinda out of proportion. πŸ˜€ It’s a mallard goose.
                  Thanks everyone.

dragonmedley
                  Participant

A bit like the phoenix which undertakes rebirth from its ashes, the mallard goose ends its first life hidden from all in dumpsters or garbage cans, and can only come back to life if a loving artist give it colourful love. However, the period during which the goose can come back to life is rather short – a week at best – so needless to say, it’s very rare that an artist can find his/her way to the awaiting goose during the alloted time, making the mallard goose in this form a very rare animal indeed.

Beautiful specimen here.

πŸ˜‰

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

lovely!! i really like how you documented the whole process. very nice! can’t wait to see you attack a pyo next!!

siberakh1
                    Participant

That’s a great first attempt! πŸ˜€ Hehehe… yeah, it’s a goose with duck plumage, but he still looks good and much more handsome then how you father found him. Great job! You should join the next pyo swap when we have one πŸ™‚

Apari
                      Participant

siberakh1 wrote:

That’s a great first attempt! πŸ˜€ Hehehe… yeah, it’s a goose with duck plumage, but he still looks good and much more handsome then how you father found him. Great job! You should join the next pyo swap when we have one πŸ™‚

Thanks Sib!
                        I could paint a mallard goose keeper for the swap! XD

Lokie
                        Participant

Looks good! πŸ™‚

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.