My Ex lost my daughter…and thought it was no big deal…UPDATE

Home Forums Miscellany Community My Ex lost my daughter…and thought it was no big deal…UPDATE

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    darjeb
    Participant

I am shocked I can’t believe his attitude I am glad she is OK and hop you get full custody – his ia a =============.

Riversgrace
      Participant

Update: He has decided not to sign them over. So court is set for the 31st of May. Which he says he will be on vacation…he asked me to change the date and I said no…so we’ll see what happens…

Again thank you everyone for caring and letting me vent. Hugs!!!

To be continued in May…

Update: He has decided not to sign them over. So court is set for the 31st of May. Which he says he will be on vacation…he asked me to change the date and I said no…so we’ll see what happens…

Again thank you everyone for caring and letting me vent. Hugs!!!

To be continued in May…

Good lord, what an idiot. The judge is going to read him the riot act.

And good for you for standing your ground on the court date. Clearly his kids are his priority over his precious vacation… *rolls eyes*

Hang in there. It’ll be done with soon.

Misty
        Participant

Darn, I was hoping it would be easy for you! Well, the court date is only about a month away…

Hannah
          Participant

Man, I am coming into this late but I have to say – Crossing my fingers for you on your court date!

I think you totally did the right thing in telling him that you won’t change the court date. To me, he’s saying (I imagine in a whiny voice) “But I wanna go on vacation!” *rolleyes*

Man I hope this is a swift decision for the courts. I’m glad that not only the woman who was looking after your baby had your back, but it sounds like base police were on top of making sure that the situation was called to attention as well.

Good luck Riversgrace!!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
            Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Amy
            Participant

You go, girl! Your ex is acting like a total brat. Hopefully the judge will see that. He’s an idiot if he doesn’t. And I totally agree with everyone saying good for you for not changing the date because he wants to go on vacation. It’s not all about him. You show ‘im! >D

Riversgrace
              Participant

What a day I have had!!!!

So on April 20th I received a court date (May 31). On that day I also sent him a Stipulation in which he would sign over custody (the court date was noted in that Stipulation) With the Stipulation I would still have to be reasonable with visitation, and let him have private phone calls with the kids, among other things. He told me to go to hell. He also told me that he was going on vacation before that day and would be gone for that day. That was the last day I ever had contact with him.
                I told him that if he didn’t show up to court, that it was his choice. I did not pick the court date, the courts did. My lawyer also said she was not willing to change the date, because court comes before vacation. So on May 3rd he was officially served by a process server in his county.
                A couple weeks ago, I found out that the court date May 31, was not what i thought it was. That was a hearing to schedule orientation, mediation, and the actual hearing. I was heart broken, but I said to myself ‘ok this is going to be a process, but bear through it…everything will be ok’ I reserved myself that today would be a simple day of getting dates.

Today was the court date….and he was not there…

As I waited for the judge to be seated, I was so nervous about getting my dates. Most of the time from today it would take me 3 months to get to my hearing date. However, my lawyer went up with me when my name was called, and she surprised me by asking the Commissioner to grant Temporary Orders, which the Commissioner denied, then she asked to have a full hearing today by another judge that was on calendar. The Commissioner agreed to that…
                As we left that court room my heart was pounding so hard I could hear my heartbeat in my temple. My lawyer told me that everything would be ok, and that today something would be decided, whether temporary orders were given, or an actual judgement would happen.
                We went into the other court room and waited. There were a few cases that were already taking place, and we would ahve to wait to see if she had time to read my file. She did. She handled the other cases, then she stood and said that she was taking a 10 minute break in her chambers to review my file, and then she would come back out and talk with us.
                She was in her chambers for 25 minutes….The WHOLE time my heart was racing, wondering what was about to happen. She came back smiling, and said ‘sorry it took me so long but I have made my judgement already and it took me a minute to type it up’………
                She read off her judgement, and then asked me if I would allow him to have ‘appropriate’ phone calls with the kids, which I said yes.
                The judgement… I now have sole legal custody, and sole physical custody, the right to move anywhere in the USA as I see fit, and he is to have no visitation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and if he wants to take me back to court at ANY time he MUST provide ALL documentation to the court regarding military and civillian investigations against him, which means he cant hide behind the Navy anymore since being active duty Navy myself I am not privy to his service record contents. This includes but is not limited to his Mast he went to in which he was busted down a pay grade for, and the neglect case that is currently still under investigation)

My heart then exploded with joy!!!!!!

Stephanie
                Participant

YAY! I am /so/ happy for you, congratulations! It must be such a relief to have it over and done with. <3

Hannah
                  Participant

OH WOW RIVERSGRACE!!

I am so happy for you, this is fantastic news!! I was hoping so much that this would all end in your favor, and I’m ecstatic πŸ˜€ *cheers*!!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                    Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Misty
                    Participant

Woot!!! CONGRATS!!

:bigsmile: πŸ™‚ :bigsmile: πŸ™‚ :bigsmile: πŸ™‚ :bigsmile: πŸ™‚

littleironhorse
                      Participant

Congratulations! Proof that things can go right once in a while for those who deserve it! πŸ™‚

dragonmedley
                        Participant

What a relief!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

LuvsDragons
                          Participant

Yay!! That’s fabulous news! Congrats! πŸ™‚

YEAH…….that is so fantastic and now he sees that you don’t mess with a mom and her kids and expect that all will be well. I am so happy for you that you can feel safe and secure with your children. What a refief I am sure you are feeling. Way to go!!!!! See there are smart Judges out there that see the big picture.

Amy
                            Participant

Congratulations on this well-deserved victory! I would pay serious money to see his face when he gets back from vacation. Jerks like him think they own the place and can do whatever they like and still have everything go their way. WRONG! Ha ha ha :party:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 65 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.