fbpx

my evil plan is succeeding … or getting friends hooked

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone my evil plan is succeeding … or getting friends hooked

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

LOL! I introduced a friend and her mother to Windstones earlier this year. Since then her mother has gone a little nuts buying some. My friend now has 8 (wolf griffin family, two small wizards, pyo wolf & pyo muse). The only one my friend bought was the muse. She’s slowly painthing him. Her mother has 5 windstones of her own (flap cats and a wolf griffin chick). Her mom painted the PYO wolf.

So has anyone else gotten someone hooked on Windstones by showing them thier collection?

Pegasi1978
      Participant

Megan
        Participant

Me πŸ™‚ It seems I inadvertantly fueled Neko_Vash_Fly’s enthusiasm. So far she’s done a PYO muse and a ki-rin, and has a PYO dragon on the way. Another friend is slowly collecting the peacock dragon line after falling in love with my peacock scratcher and fledge, and yet another is collecting the white hoofers after I gave her the mother unicorn as a moving gift.

KoishiiKitty
          Participant

i showed Nuke what windstones are. she is a member here now.

Pegasi1978
            Participant

Oh and I totally forgot that I’ve also gotten another friend’s girlfriend hooked on Windstones by giving her a PYO unicorn I did for Christmas. She has a small list of pieces she wants to collect. πŸ˜†

Windstones seem to be a lot like the old Pringles ads…Once you pop you just can’t stop! I just did a rough count and since last December last year my little collection has gone from 5 or 6 to around 80. Lucky for me I’m not addicted or anything….. 😳

Maria
              Participant

Right, JVargas! πŸ˜†
                I had five pieces when I joined in September 06, and now I have 92. Nah, I’m not addicted either. πŸ™„

Oh yes! Ive definitely infected others with our addiction through my collection- and even more so now since it has changed SO much. When they see them up close, they realize the detail that is lost in photos (though the photos are quite good, but when you see them in person for the first time, it takes your breath away; and feel them too- texture and weight also tell you youre holding something of value).

It was easy to medium to get friends that were already fantasy lovers hooked. But what I really enjoy is hooking friends or people on Windstones that have never previously been interested in fantasy. Ive watched them do a 180 and wind up getting so hooked- and into debt!

I came here to meet like minded ppl and to sell off my collection for medical bills. I now have more Windstones than I ever did! However, that is because family and friends FINALLY, after ALL these years, clicked in realizing that Im partial to this company and not just any cheap resin fantasy piece. Now that theyve figured it out, they know how and usually where to hunt. Got many as house warming gifts and for various holidays, and some, just cause. I mean, I buy ppl things, just cause. I dont need an occasion or reason. And many family and friends are like that with me too. But NOW they know where to focus their dollars πŸ˜€

And in doing so, have become hooked as well 😈

Maria
                Participant

Yeah, we’re great examples. We really practice what we preach. πŸ˜†

My mom always said, “do as I say, not as I do.” πŸ˜†

lamortefille
                  Participant

PhoenixTears wrote:

πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

lamortefille wrote:

PhoenixTears wrote:

πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
                    Yea, I admit, shes my favorite hypocrite πŸ˜€ <3

Bob

I show them to others and they like them but tthen say they are NOT for them

Purplecat
                      Participant

I got my father-in-law’s girlfreind hooked on her last visit. She was taking all kinds of pics of pieces to remind her to get one! πŸ˜† She loooved my old green curlie!!!

Bob

I think the old Green Curlie is my favorite piece done in the old green

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.