My babe, my horse— T is gone

Home Forums Miscellany Community My babe, my horse— T is gone

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author

I am sorry for your loss. πŸ˜₯ Words are never enough. πŸ™ Hold onto the good memories, he will always be with you in your heart. πŸ˜‰

Thank you all so much. Yesterday when they came to haul him away was too hard, and my daughter asked why they were taking our horse, so I loaded up the kids & dogs and ran away for the rest of the day, so to speak. Right now I hate that he’s not in the field or calling to me if he feels like I should be out there. I’m still hurting & depressed, but of course you are all correct and the good memories are there too. He used to follow me in and out of his corral when I mucked out his stall, and if my back was to him too long he would bump me with his nose. Shandi, your story made me decide to pull up this picture of the day my husband let him out into the backyard (out of his pasture) and I was on the phone and looked out my window to see him staring in at me like, “So this is where you go.” I pulled out my camera and I’m sooooo glad I did.

Finally, here I am introducing my niece to him over Christmas… he was such a wonderful guy and I don’t regret getting him or a single cent spent.

I’m so haunted by the image of him being put down and right before when he was hurting and following me so I could either fix him or say goodbye. I know the hard decision was the right one, but I also know that you guys understand that I can’t help but beat myself up over the “what if I had done *this* different” scenarios.

So, you guys are awesome, every one of you. I so appreciate the support, and I know my friends off the forum would give me the love & support I need too, but I haven’t the guts or strength to try talking about him yet.

Lupin
    Participant

πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯

Starbreeze
      Participant

The “what ifs” are to be expected. Tomorrow it’ll be a year since we made that hard decision for our beautiful chocolate Lab. She was 14, had diabetes and had reached a point where her quality of life was terrible. But, to this day, I still ask myself “what if…..” We are here for you and we cry with you…. πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯

twindragonsmum
        Participant

Ditto starbreeze…. he’s such a beauty….. πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯ *HUGS*

twindragonsmum

tdm

I did the “what ifs” with Cricket too, worst thing with her was if we had gotten home at our normal time, things just might have been different. We stayed out late that night, our roommate at the time knew zilch about horses, she knew something was wrong, but figured it could wait until we got home. If only she had called and asked, but it wasn’t her fault.

But I also had to face the fact that Cricket was old, she was 24 and her teeth were not good, so colic was likely unavoidable. But I still felt like I should have been able to do something. *sigh*

It’ll be okay Bosky, another horse will come into your life to love, he won’t be the same, but you will find other qualities to love in your next horse.

*hugs*

Kyrin

Maria
          Participant

I’m so sorry, bosky. I know how you feel. We had to put down our first pony a couple years ago. It’s hard.

dragonmedley
            Participant

I’m in late for this, but having had to get my dog put to sleep a few weeks, ago, I really feel for you!

Big hugs!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

pipsxlch
              Participant

I’m late also, but I want to offer heartfelt “I’m so sorry”ies and a cyberhug. I’ve been there too often, and each time is terrible, but eventually it does scab some. Just know how grateful he must be for the wonderful months you gave him when you could have taken an easier way out and said ‘no’ to taking him in.

I’m so sorry for your loss. I have never owned a horse before so I can’t imagine how heartbreaking it was for you (and still is). πŸ˜₯

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

Copper83
                Participant

I’m late into this also. Like everyone else, I’m so sorry for your loss. I do know how you feel and what you are going thru. I’ve been there too. It’s been 7 years since I had to make that decision with Copper, and my heart is still broken. He was my heart for 18 years (his whole life). Cherish the memories you have. It will get better.

πŸ™ I’m so sorry Boski. You didn’t have long with him, but, you gave him a loving home. I’m sure he was very happy. πŸ˜₯

Now I need to go find some kleenex… πŸ˜₯

BDW
                  Participant

πŸ™ I’m so sorry to hear about your beloved T.
                    It’s always hard to let them go, but you did the right thing.
                    Now it’s time to cherish the good memories of moments you had together. πŸ˜‰

Laurie
                    Participant

I’m so sorry to hear about your horse. I completely understand. I have 6 right now, but I lost my clover 2years ago. She came down with Pneumoia? and when she was ultra sounded we found she also had an enlarged heart. Her heart gave out the day before her 2nd birthday. But, it is spring lots of new children out there. another thought is check out the horse rescues. those poor things need to be loved and you sound like you have a lot to give.

keschete
                      Participant

I am sooosorry for your loss. There are no words to make it better, but know your baby is no longer in pain and he is in a better place! Hugs! I know my words don’t make it better, but most of us here have had the same experience and we have all had to say good bye to a beloved pet.

Know that we are thinking of you and that we feel your pain and heartache!!!!

Hugs, Kaya

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.