fbpx

My 3rd PYO Wolf

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone My 3rd PYO Wolf

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Mos def! 🙂

Skigod377
    Participant

Yikes…I have two newbie Ebayers bidding on my wolfie. I hope they have honorable intentions. New buyers and sellers make me nervous!

Starbreeze
      Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Yikes…I have two newbie Ebayers bidding on my wolfie. I hope they have honorable intentions. New buyers and sellers make me nervous!

I understand your concern, but just remember we were all new buyers at one point.

Skigod377
        Participant

starbreeze wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

I understand your concern, but just remember we were all new buyers at one point.

Too true. Thats why I dont set buyer requirements. Its just a little scary. I have had about 5 new buyers not pay. They dont even answer to say they are not paying. I normally contact them to make sure they answer when I see them bidding, but with Ebays new program, you aren’t allowed to contact anyone who you are not in buisness with.

Starbreeze
          Participant

skigod377 wrote:

starbreeze wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

Too true. Thats why I dont set buyer requirements. Its just a little scary. I have had about 5 new buyers not pay. They dont even answer to say they are not paying. I normally contact them to make sure they answer when I see them bidding, but with Ebays new program, you aren’t allowed to contact anyone who you are not in buisness with.

Really…you’ve had 5 different ones not pay??? That’s incredible!!! No wonder you’re nervous. I take it back. Beware of the new buyer. 😯

Skigod377
            Participant

Two if them were on the same item! Two different new bidders! They didnt pay, I relisted, and the NEW buyer didn’t pay. It wasn’t pricey, either!! A $5 Elfquest comic!! Are you kidding me? You bid and then cant scrounge up $5???

Starbreeze
              Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Two if them were on the same item! Two different new bidders! They didnt pay, I relisted, and the NEW buyer didn’t pay. It wasn’t pricey, either!! A $5 Elfquest comic!! Are you kidding me? You bid and then cant scrounge up $5???

Wow!!! I’ll have to say I don’t get it. I don’t ever bid unless I mean it. I didn’t realize this happens that often….guess I’m too honest…sometime times I wonder if that’s a good thing in today’s world. 😥

Skigod377
                Participant

starbreeze wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

Wow!!! I’ll have to say I don’t get it. I don’t ever bid unless I mean it. I didn’t realize this happens that often….guess I’m too honest…sometime times I wonder if that’s a good thing in today’s world. 😥

Its always a good thing.

skigod377 wrote:

starbreeze wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

What do you mean you can’t contact people your not in business with? If someone is bidding on something of yours then that is considered business, right? Or if you are looking to buy something from someone and you missed the auction, then you can’t contact them to ask if they are going to re-list it?

frozendragon
                  Participant

skigod377 wrote:

starbreeze wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

Its always a good thing.

I’ve had one person take about a month to pay….but still paid….

never been stiffed before….would really be miffed if someone did….LOL

Skigod377
                    Participant

dragonessjade wrote:

What do you mean you can’t contact people your not in business with? If someone is bidding on something of yours then that is considered business, right?

Nope.

dragonessjade wrote:

Or if you are looking to buy something from someone and you missed the auction, then you can’t contact them to ask if they are going to re-list it?

Sometimes they will let you, but you have to type in a code. Others, after you type in the code, it will tell you that you cant contact that member. I think its because of folks trying to circumvent Ebay fees.
                      Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. I have been blocked more often than not lately.

Hmm, well that kind of sucks.

skigod377 wrote:

dragonessjade wrote:

What do you mean you can’t contact people your not in business with? If someone is bidding on something of yours then that is considered business, right?

Nope.

dragonessjade wrote:

Or if you are looking to buy something from someone and you missed the auction, then you can’t contact them to ask if they are going to re-list it?

Sometimes they will let you, but you have to type in a code. Others, after you type in the code, it will tell you that you cant contact that member. I think its because of folks trying to circumvent Ebay fees.
                      Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. I have been blocked more often than not lately.

Is this something that just started? A few months ago I accidentally missed the end of an auction, and I contacted the seller the next day using the usual Ebay method of contacting a member (not the “Contact the Seller” on the auction) to ask her to relist the item. I didn’t have any trouble that time…

Skigod377
                      Participant

It is pretty recent…maybe a month or just over. You can get by it sometimes. I dont know why you can do it in some situations and not in others. Its really annoying.

Sounds like it. Well, I’ll keep that in mind…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.