fbpx

My 3rd PYO Wolf

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone My 3rd PYO Wolf

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

This one I did in browns and blacks, though he ended up mostly black…You can see the brown, but its dark. The wings I just decided to have some fun with. I got a new glaze called “Sparkle glaze.” It was supposed to “Add a clear, iridescent sparkle.” That clear sparkle ended up being glitter, so yes, there is glitter on the wings. I kinda like it. If a wolf can have wings, the wings can have glitter! ๐Ÿ˜€ If you have any tips, please feel free to post them. If anyone likes him and wants to buy him, I am open to any reasonable offer… Just PM me. Thanks and I hope you like him, too!

Skigod377
      Participant

frozendragon
        Participant

cool….I like that one too….you’re doing good ski ๐Ÿ˜€

Ooooh…that’s nice. The wings are really eye catching! I especially like the way you did the white parts.

Skigod377
          Participant

Thank you guys. I started this one more golden, but I couldnt tell if it looked reeeeeally good, or if it was just my immagination, so I sabotaged it. Now it is brown and black.

Mimi, these are not that bad for a beginner, either. The fur kind of guides your paintbrush. Wouldnt you agree, Frozen??

Hmm…and they’re a lot smaller too, which also helps…

frozendragon
            Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Thank you guys. I started this one more golden, but I couldnt tell if it looked reeeeeally good, or if it was just my immagination, so I sabotaged it. Now it is brown and black.

Mimi, these are not that bad for a beginner, either. The fur kind of guides your paintbrush. Wouldnt you agree, Frozen??

yeah…these are a lot easier to get it to look like fur…and the best part about fur is it’s never the same color all over anyway….so you can squish and dab and mix things…and they after the sealer is on….it looks like fur

and the wings on this one are a lot easier I think because they are smaller….

Skigod377
              Participant

Really! I was surprised by my first one. I thought getting the fur to look like fur was gonna be hard, but it really wasn’t.

I am happy. I just ordered more paint and some brushes from DickBlick. I screwed up my courage today, and packed up my PYOs to go to the arts and crafts store to buy more paint and hopefully talk them into stocking PYOs. Well, I get there, all ready to sell my idea, and there is no manager there. To top it off, their paints are the same ones that have been there forever and they have no plans to restock (They have no colors I needed… only yellows and ugly colors are left.) The new brushes they got in were all $2 cheap-o’s, and the store was getting slowly overtaken with YARN! I was so upset I had to shop.

frozendragon
                Participant

skigod377 wrote:

Really! I was surprised by my first one. I thought getting the fur to look like fur was gonna be hard, but it really wasn’t.

I am happy. I just ordered more paint and some brushes from DickBlick. I screwed up my courage today, and packed up my PYOs to go to the arts and crafts store to buy more paint and hopefully talk them into stocking PYOs. Well, I get there, all ready to sell my idea, and there is no manager there. To top it off, their paints are the same ones that have been there forever and they have no plans to restock (They have no colors I needed… only yellows and ugly colors are left.) The new brushes they got in were all $2 cheap-o’s, and the store was getting slowly overtaken with YARN! I was so upset I had to shop.

OCD shopper….lovely….

I’m the same way….and that’s how it is with paint here…it’s either old…ugly….or too darn expensive…but I can at least get good brushes and they’re even 50% a lot of the time…

I love the wings and I agree with Mimi about the white parts.

Skigod377
                  Participant

Thank you! ๐Ÿ˜€

Maria
                    Participant

You’re really good with the wolves, Ski! This color scheme reminds me of the black griffin or the flapcats with metallic blue-purple wings.

Starbreeze
                      Participant

Hey Ski….I’m finally catching up on some posts….I love this wolf….I think it’s one of the best PYO’s you’ve done….awesome job….the wings are especially cool…. ๐Ÿ˜€

Skigod377
                        Participant

Awwww…thank you, guys! As me and Frozen were trying to tell Mimi, these may be the easiest to paint. Im glad you like him!

Starbreeze
                          Participant

Probably not that easy…you’re just modest and it is awesome….good luck convincing Mimi to paint….she’s a card carrying member of the “I like to admire them, but I’m scared to paint them” club like me… ๐Ÿ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.